NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the Enhanced Pearson eText platform exists for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Enhanced Pearson eText, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText.
Help students bridge the gap between the theoretical issues in speech-language pathology and their clinical application
Articulation and Phonology in Speech Sounds Disorders illustrates what works in practice and explains why it works. Every chapter focuses on suggestions for clinical practice as well as clinical examples and clinical applications. This approach will assist the reader in developing an understanding of how basic concepts and theoretical knowledge form the core for clinical decision making in the assessment and remediation of speech disorders.
The 6th Edition continues to help readers link academic foundations with clinical application. It incorporates the American Speech-Language Hearing Association’s position statements, definitions, and practice policies to aid students as they transition into competent clinicians. Also included is an overview of anatomy and physiology; a new section on the principles of motor learning; more user-friendly phonetic descriptors; the Dodd (2013) diagnostic classification system of speech sound disorders; updated diagnostic protocols; and new clinical exercises.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.**
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
**The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
013499048X / 9780134990484 Articulation and Phonology in Speech Sound Disorders: A Clinical Focus
Package consists of:
- 0134990579 / 9780134990576 Articulation and Phonology in Speech Sound Disorders: A Clinical Focus
- 0135184983 / 9780135184981 Articulation and Phonology in Speech Sound Disorders: A Clinical Focus, Pearson eText -- Access Card
Table of contents
- Clinical Framework: Basic Terms and Concepts
- Articulatory Phonetics: Speech Sound Form
- Phonetic Transcription and Diacritics
- Theoretical Considerations and Practical Applications
- Normal Phonological Development
- Assessment and Appraisal: Collection of Data
- Summarizing Data and Classifying Speech Sound Disorders
- Dialects and English as a Second Language
- Therapy for Articulation Disorders: Obtaining and Accurate Production of a Speech Sound
- Treatment of Phonological Disorders
- Speech Sound Disorders in Selected Populations
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (March 1st 2019) - Copyright © 2020