Assessment for Counselors, 1st edition
Published by Pearson (February 22nd 2020) - Copyright © 2021
Pearson eText Assessment for Counselors -- Instant Access
ISBN-13: 9780136874515Includes: eText (12-month access)
Pearson eText is an affordable, easy-to-use digital textbook that helps you keep learning — no matter where life takes you.
Assessment for Counselors [RENTAL EDITION]
A soft-bound printed text you can rent, fulfilled by Chegg. At the end of the rental period, you can choose to keep the text for a flat fee.
A comprehensive and easy-to-understand introduction to assessment in counseling that provides the foundation for practice.
Assessment for Counselors connects theory to practice by providing comprehensive coverage of both the important foundational issues of assessment and in-depth explorations of the major areas of assessment that professional counselors need to know. This clearly written text presents essential assessment skills in easy-to-understand language with an emphasis on practical application so that students will learn why, how, and when to best select, administer, score, and interpret assessments for their future clients. Features of this text include case studies and assessment reports to give students opportunities for authentic practice; activities that allow students to test their knowledge and applications of learning; sections in every chapter on multicultural and social justice assessment issues; individual chapters on the most commonly used assessments; and the most up-to-date references, resources, and test reviews to keep up with changes in test revisions and the field.This book is designed to address the core curricular assessment requirements of the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP, 2016), thereby providing state-of-the-art information on assessment and tests that professional counselors need to know.
Personalize learning with MyLab Counseling
Table of contents
1. Basic Assessment Concepts
2. Historical Foundations and Perspectives on Assessment
3. Legal, Ethical, and Diversity Foundations and Perspectives in Assessment
4. How Tests Are Constructed
5. Selecting, Administering, Scoring, and Interpreting Assessment Instruments and Techniques
8. Clinical Assessment and Diagnosis9. Personality Assessment10. Behavioral Assessment11. Assessment of Intelligence12. Assessment of Other Aptitudes13. Assessment of Achievement14. Assessment in Career Counseling15. Assessing Couples and Families
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material