Assessment of Children and Youth with Special Needs, Pearson eText with Loose-Leaf Version -- Access Card Package, 5th edition
Published by Pearson (April 28th 2014) - Copyright © 2015
A collection of materials so you have everything you need for your course.
Assessment of Children and Youth with Special Needs, 5/e focuses on current assessment issues and procedures that every special educator needs to know. The author’s integrated approach emphasizes in-class assessment approaches as well as more formal measures and instruments. Throughout they provide numerous practical examples of how the techniques and procedures can be used in the classroom. Included are practical, ready-to-used materials integrated within instruction delivery methods; relevant case studies; and examinations of current assessment topics in every chapter. This new Fifth Edition features:
- NEW! An expanded discussion of classroom assessment and the assessment cycle helps students see how to apply their understanding of the concepts to everyday classroom practices (Ch. 3).
- NEW! An expanded discussion of Response to Intervention (RTI) gives students a deeper understanding of issues and how they apply to contemporary school assessment practices (Ch. 3).
- NEW! A new section in Chapter 9 gives readers a deeper understanding of how to use assessment effectively with students with problem behaviors.
- NEW! A new section in Chapter 13 gives readers important support for collaborating with speech and language specialists.
- NEW! Updated description of formal standardized texts and measures throughout keeps students on top of the latest procedures being used today.
- NEW! Interactive features embedded into examples and mini-cases throughout foster active learning and engagement with the textbook.
- NEW! Web links embedded into the text further engage students in active learning with the textbook.
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Understanding Assessment
Chapter 2: Response to Intervention
Chapter 3: Assessment Framework
Chapter 4: Involving Families
Chapter 5: Reliability and Validity
Chapter 6: Developing Technical Skills
Chapter 7: Test Interpretation and Report Writing
Chapter 8: Observing, Interviewing, and Conferencing
Chapter 9: Behavior
Chapter 10: Achievement: Overall Performance
Chapter 11: Reading
Chapter 12: Written Language
Chapter 13: Oral Language
Chapter 14: Mathematics
Chapter 15: Performance-Based, Authentic, and Portfolio Assessments
Chapter 16: Intelligence
Chapter 17: Young Children
Chapter 18: Youth in Transition
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material