Automotive Engine Performance, 5th edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
This book is part of the Pearson Automotive Professional Technician Series, which provides full-color, media-integrated solutions for today’s students and instructors covering all eight areas of ASE certification, plus additional titles covering common courses. Peer reviewed for technical accuracy, the series and the books in it represent the future of automotive textbooks.
Prepare tomorrow’s automotive professionals for success.
Automotive Engine Performance, 5/e covers both the fundamental and advanced engine performance topics, as well as the practical skills that students must master to be successful in the industry. Written by a service technician and an automotive instructor—not a technical writer—and fully up to date with the latest automotive engine performance systems used since 2005, the text is revered as the best available text on the subject. Formatted to appeal to today's technical trade students, Halderman’s text uses helpful tips and full-color, step-by-step visuals to bring concepts to life and guide students through the procedures they'll use on the job.
To keep your course current, all of the content is correlated to the latest NATEF task requirements for the NATEF MLR, AST, and MAST designated topics of Automotive Engine Performance Systems (A8); over 40 new photos or drawings are included to bring the content alive; and new or updated information is included on such topics as new OSHA hazardous chemical labeling requirements, Atkinson Cycle engine design, scope testing of MAF sensors, gasoline direct injection (GDI), Fiat Chrysler Multiair System information, and Tier 3 Emission Standards.
Table of contents
1. Service Information, Tools and Safety
2. Environmental and Hazardous Materials
3. Gasoline Engine Operation, Parts, and Specifications
4. Diesel Engine Operation and Diagnosis
6. Alternative Fuels
7. Diesel and Biodiesel Fuels
8. Cooling System Operation and Diagnosis
9. Lubrication System Operation and Diagnosis
10. Intake and Exhaust Systems
11. Variable Valve Timing Systems
12. Turbocharging and Supercharging
13. Engine Condition Diagnosis
14. In-Vehicle Engine Service
15. Advanced Starting and Charging Systems Diagnosis
16. Ignition System Components and Operation
17. Ignition System Diagnosis and Service
18. Computer and Network Fundamentals
19. Onboard Diagnosis
20. Temperature Sensors
21. Throttle Position (TP) Sensors
22. MAP/BARO Sensors
23. Mass Air Flow Sensors
24. Oxygen Sensors
25. Wide-Band Oxygen Sensors
26. Fuel Pumps, Lines, and Filters
27. Fuel-Injection Components and Operation
28. Gasoline Direct-Injection Systems
29. Electronic Throttle Control System
30. Fuel-Injection System Diagnosis and Service
31. Vehicle Emission Standards and Testing
32. Emission Control Devices Operation and Diagnosis
33. Scan Tools and Engine Performance Diagnosis
Published by Pearson (January 5th 2016) - Copyright © 2017