Business Essentials, 12th edition
Business Essentials, Student Value Edition
You'll get loose-leaf, three-hole-punched pages ready to be placed in a binder.
NOTE: This edition features the same content as the traditional text in a convenient, three-hole-punched, loose-leaf version. Student Value Editions also offer a great value; this format costs significantly less than a new textbook. Before purchasing, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. For Student Value Editions that include MyLab™ or Mastering™, several versions may exist for each title -- including customized versions for individual schools -- and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a Course ID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use MyLab or Mastering platforms.
For introductory business courses.
Focus on the practical skills and important developments in business
The recent events in domestic and global economies are presenting unprecedented challenges, excitement, and disappointments for businesses -- and a need for change in introduction to business courses and texts. Business Essentials captures the widespread significance of these developments and presents their implications on companies today. The 12th Edition includes new real-world examples and research findings, helping students to see how entrepreneurs are putting into practice the concepts that they are learning about, and making this text the most current and relevant one available on the market.
Also available with MyLab Intro to Business
By combining trusted authors’ content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student.
NOTE: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab™ Intro to Business does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab Intro to Business, ask your instructor to confirm the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the loose-leaf version of the text and MyLab Intro to Business, search for:
0134831454 / 9780134831459 Business Essentials, Student Value Edition Plus MyLab Intro to Business with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 12/e
Package consists of:
- 0134728491 / 9780134728490 Business Essentials, Student Value Edition
- 0134729102 / 9780134729107 MyLab Intro to Business with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Business Essentials
Table of contents
PART I: THE CONTEMPORARY BUSINESS WORLD
1. The US Business Environment
2. Understanding Business Ethics and Social Responsibility
3. Entrepreneurship, New Ventures, and Business Ownership
4. Understanding the Global Context of Business
PART II: MANAGING THE BUSINESS
5. Managing the Business
6. Organizing the Business
7. Operations Management and Quality
PART III: PEOPLE IN ORGANIZATIONS
8. Employee Behavior and Motivation
9. Leadership and Decision Making
10. Human Resource Management and Labor Relations
PART IV: PRINCIPLES OF MARKETING: BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS WITH
CUSTOMERS FOR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
11. Marketing Processes and Consumer Behavior
12. Developing and Pricing Products
13. Distributing and Promoting Products
PART V: MANAGING INFORMATION FOR BETTER BUSINESS DECISIONS
14. Information Technology (IT) for Business
15. The Role of Accountants and Accounting Information
PART VI: THE FINANCIAL SYSTEM AND ISSUES IN FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
16. Understanding Money and the Role of Banking
17. Managing Business Finances
Appendix I: Risk Management
Appendix II: The Legal Context of Business
Appendix III: Managing Your Personal Finances
Appendix IV: Unions and Labor Management
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (July 27th 2019) - Copyright © 2019