Comprehensive Multicultural Education: Theory and Practice, 9th edition
Published by Pearson (July 24th 2018) - Copyright © 2019
Comprehensive Multicultural Education: Theory and Practice (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780134679136Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Comprehensive Multicultural Education: Theory and Practice
ISBN-13: 9780134679020Includes: Paperback
You'll get a bound printed text.
Comprehensive Multicultural Education: Theory and Practice, with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
ISBN-13: 9780134745275Includes: Paperback
You'll get a bound printed text.
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText.
A comprehensive look at multicultural education that balances theory with practical teaching strategies.
Comprehensive Multicultural Education: Theory and Practice uniquely blends diversity theory, history, and social science with sample lessons, cases, and real-world vignettes so that pre- and in-service teachers understand the what, why, and how of multicultural education. A comprehensive conceptual framework of multicultural teaching and a teacher-tested curriculum development model give readers a strong foundation for integrating multicultural perspectives in their own curricula. Incorporating current research and new sections on race and social justice, the 9th Edition includes three new chapters on gender, poverty, and special education so that today’s teachers are better equipped to become informed, caring advocates for all students.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.**
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
**The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0134745272 / 9780134745275 Comprehensive Multicultural Education: Theory and Practice, with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 9/e
Package consists of:
- 0134679024 / 9780134679020 Comprehensive Multicultural Education: Theory and Practice
- 0134682270 / 9780134682273 Comprehensive Multicultural Education: Theory and Practice, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
Table of contents
1. Multicultural Schools: What, Why, and How
2. Culture, Race, and the Contexts for Multicultural Teaching
3. Race Relations and the Nature of Prejudice
4. Affirming Religious Pluralism in U.S. Schools and Society
Part II: Roots of Cultural Diversity in the United States: The Conflicting Themes of Assimilation and Pluralism
5. Immigration and Cultural Pluralism: Anglo-European American Perspectives
6. Colonialism, Involuntary Immigration, and the American Dream: American Indian and African American Perspectives
7. Colonialism, Immigration, and the American Dream: Latino Perspectives
8. Contemporary Immigration and the American Dream: Asian American Perspectives
9. U.S. Immigrants from the Middle East: Arab American Perspectives
Part III: Reaching All Learners: Perspectives on Culture, Gender, Class, and Exceptionalities
10. The Promise of Culturally Competent Teaching
11. How Does Gender Make a Difference?
12. The Impact of Poverty on American Children and Youth
13. The Challenges of Special Education in Inclusive Classrooms
Part IV. Teaching in a Multicultural Society
14. Teaching in Linguistically Diverse Classrooms, James S. Damico and Suriati Abas
15. Curriculum Transformation: A Multicultural Curriculum Development Model for Teacher Decision Making
Appendix A: Curriculum Transformation: Sample Lessons
Appendix B: Linking Global and Multicultural Education: A Diagram
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material