NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For MBA/graduate students taking a course in corporate finance.
This ISBN is for the MyLab access card. Pearson eText is included.
An emphasis on modern theory blended with practice elevates students’ financial decision making
Using the valuation framework based on the Law of One Price, top researchers Jonathan Berk and Peter DeMarzo have set the new canon for corporate finance textbooks. Corporate Finance: The Core, 5th Edition blends coverage of time-tested principles and the latest advancements with the practical perspective of the financial manager. Students have the opportunity to “practice finance to learn finance” by solving quantitative business problems like those faced by today’s professionals. With built-in resources to help students master the core concepts, students develop the tools they need to make sound financial decisions in their careers.
Corporate Finance: The Core, 5th Edition fits programs and individual professors who desire a streamlined book that is specifically tailored to the topics covered in the first one-semester course. For those who would like to use a text in a two semester, or more course, please see Corporate Finance, 5th Edition by the same authors.
Personalize learning with MyLab Finance
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. Auto-graded Excel Projects and critical-thinking exercises help foster real-world skills.
Table of contents
1. The Corporation and Financial Markets
2. Introduction to Financial Statement Analysis
3. Financial Decision Making and the Law of One Price
4. The Time Value of Money
5. Interest Rates
6. Valuing Bonds
7. Investment Decision Rules
8. Fundamentals of Capital Budgeting
9. Valuing Stocks
10. Capital Markets and the Pricing of Risk
11. Optimal Portfolio Choice and the Capital Asset Pricing Model
12. Estimating the Cost of Capital
13. Investor Behavior and Capital Market Efficiency
14. Capital Structure in a Perfect Market
15. Debt and Taxes
16. Financial Distress, Managerial Incentives, and Information
17. Payout Policy
18. Capital Budgeting and Valuation with Leverage
19. Valuation and Financial Modeling: A Case Study
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material