Designer’s Guide to Building Construction and Systems for Residential and Commercial Structures offers students a concise, easy-to-understand guide for learning about building construction and systems in preparation for a successful practice as an interior designer. Using language geared for students of interior design, the text covers basic structural principles applied to the building environment through a review of common building methods including timber frame, masonry, and steel construction for residential and commercial projects as applicable.
Table of contents
INTRODUCTION: A Brief History of Structures, Materials, and Methods.
SECTION I: Residential Construction and Systems
1. Residential Construction: Building the Envelope
2. Systems for Residential Construction
3. Interior Finish-Out for Residential Construction
SECTION II: Commercial Construction and Systems
4. Commercial Construction: Building the Envelope
5. Mechanical Systems for Commercial Buildings
6. Interior Construction for Commercial Buildings
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material