A digital platform that offers help when and where you need it, lets you focus your study time, and provides practical learning experiences. To register, you’ll need a Pearson course ID from your instructor.
You'll get instant access to the digital content.
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™ and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in emergency medical technician training and emergency medical services.
This ISBN is for instant access to MyLab. Pearson eText is included.
A standard in EMS Education for over 35 years - now with a bold, new approach and updated artwork and images
For over 35 years, Emergency Care has provided generations of EMT students with the practical information they need to succeed in the classroom and in the field. Using the National EMS Education Standards as a foundation, the text goes beyond the Standards to provide the most current, accurate reflection of EMS practice today. Multiple critical-thinking and decision-based features throughout help students integrate the need-to-know material of the classroom with the reality of being an EMT on the street. The 14th Edition has been updated throughout with the addition of more photos, fine-tuned patient care features, and significant reorganization involving the assessment, treatment, and care of children and older adults.
Personalize learning with MyLab BRADY
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student.Designed for EMS students and educators, MyLab BRADY engages students with unique practice opportunities, while supporting educators with valuable teaching material.
Table of contents
SECTION 1: FOUNDATIONS
1. Introduction to Emergency Medical Care
2. Well-Being of the EMT
3. Lifting and Moving Patients
4. Medical, Legal, and Ethical Issues
5. Medical Terminology
6. Anatomy and Physiology
7. Principles of Pathophysiology
8. Life Span Development
SECTION 2: AIRWAY MANAGEMENT, RESPIRATION, AND ARTIFICIAL VENTILATION
9. Airway Management
10. Respiration and Artificial Ventilation
SECTION 3: PATIENT ASSESSMENT
11. Scene Size-Up
12. Primary Assessment
13. Vital Signs and Monitoring Devices
14. Principles of Assessment
15. Secondary Assessment
17. Communication and Documentation
SECTION 4: MEDICAL EMERGENCIES
18. General Pharmacology
19. Respiratory Emergencies
20. Cardiac Emergencies
22. Diabetic Emergencies and Altered Mental Status
23. Allergic Reaction
24. Infectious Diseases and Sepsis
25. Poisoning and Overdose Emergencies
26. Abdominal Emergencies
27. Behavioral and Psychiatric Emergencies and Suicide
28. Hematologic and Renal Emergencies
SECTION 5: TRAUMA EMERGENCIES
29. Bleeding and Shock
30. Soft-Tissue Trauma
31. Chest and Abdominal Trauma
32. Musculoskeletal Trauma
33. Trauma to the Head, Neck, and Spine
34. Multisystem Trauma
35. Environmental Emergencies
SECTION 6: SPECIAL POPULATIONS
36. Obstetric and Gynecologic Emergencies
37. Emergencies for Patients with Special Challenges
SECTION 7: OPERATIONS
38. EMS Operations
39. Hazardous Materials, Multiple-Casualty Incidents, and Incident Management
40. Highway Safety and Vehicle Extrication
41. EMS Response to Terrorism
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (February 21st 2020) - Copyright © 2021