Ethics, Jurisprudence and Practice Management in Dental Hygiene, 3rd edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
ETHICS, JURISPRUDENCE AND PRACTICE MANAGEMENT IN DENTAL HYGIENE, 3/e is the definitive, up-to-date guide to ethics, jurisprudence, and practice management for all dental hygiene students, new graduates, and licensed practitioners. The authors first introduce codes of ethics; discuss how ethical principles and moral values influence society, individual, and the profession; and cover crucial ethics-related topics such as informed consent. Next, they turn to practice management, showing how the dental practice must operate as a small business, and offering thorough career coverage. This edition’s extensive updates include: dental therapists and other alternative workforce models; regulatory changes; opportunities in forensics; comparisons with practice in Canada; and much more. Extensive new resources are provided on the MyHealthProfessionsKit website.
Table of contents
1. Introduction to Moral Philosophy and Moral Reasoning
2. Ethical Principles and Core Values
3. Informed Consent
4. Decision Making
6. Social Issues
7. Aspects of Practice Management
8. The Business of Dental Hygiene
9. Alternate Workforce Models: Future Trends for Oral Health Care
10. Seeking the Dental Hygiene Position
11. Planning for the Future and Career Longevity
Published by Pearson (January 4th 2011) - Copyright © 2012