Exceptional Learners: An Introduction to Special Education, 14th edition
Published by Pearson (January 17th 2018) - Copyright © 2019
Pearson eText Exceptional Learners: An Introduction to Special Education -- Instant Access
ISBN-13: 9780136940876Includes: eText (12-month access)
Pearson eText is an affordable, easy-to-use digital textbook. Read it on your computer, or download the mobile app to study on the go.
MyLab Education with Pearson eText -- Instant Access -- for Exceptional Learners: An Introduction to Special Education
- Instant Access
Instant digital access to MyLab. To register, you'll need a Pearson course ID from your instructor.
Exceptional Learners: An Introduction to Special Education plus MyLab Education with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
A soft-bound printed text and a code to access MyLab with eText. To register, you'll need a Pearson course ID from your instructor.
Exceptional Learners: An Introduction to Special Education
ISBN-13: 9780134806938Includes: Paperback
You'll get a bound printed text.
Exceptional Learners: An Introduction to Special Education focuses on exceptional learners and classroom practices, as well as the psychological, sociological, and medical aspects of disabilities and giftedness.
Based on the authors’ premise that professionals working with exceptional learners need to develop not only a solid base of knowledge, but also a healthy attitude toward their work and the people whom they serve, this book is designed to reach the heart as well as the mind. It asks both general and special educators to challenge themselves to acquire a solid understanding of current theory, research, and practice in special education, and to develop an ever more sensitive understanding of exceptional learners and their families.
The 14th Edition includes the new definitions of Specific Learning Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Emotional and Behavioral Disorders, and Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) from the American Psychiatric Association’s DSM-5, along with expanded coverage of topics like Universal Design for Learning, Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS), and Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS).
Features and benefits
MyLab gives you the tools you need to learn — and to get a better grade.
- Personalized study tools: Show you what you know, what you don’t, and where to spend your time to fill the gaps.
- Immediate feedback: On assignments and quizzes — and assistance with each problem if you need it — helps you get unstuck.
- Mobile eText: Lets you learn on your terms, wherever you are.
Table of contents
2. Current Practices for Meeting the Needs of Exceptional Learners
3. Multicultural and Bilingual Aspects of Special Education
4. Parents and Families
5. Learners with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
6. Learners with Learning Disabilities
7. Learners with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
8. Learners with Emotional or Behavioral Disorders
9. Learners with Autism Spectrum Disorders
10. Learners with Communication Disorders
11. Learners Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
12. Learners with Blindness or Low Vision
13. Learners with Low-Incidence, Multiple, and Severe Disabilities
14. Learners with Physical Disabilities and Other Health Impairments
15. Learners with Special Gifts and Talents
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material