A bound printed text you can rent, fulfilled by Chegg. At the end of the rental period, you can choose to keep the text for a flat fee.
You'll get a bound printed text.
This print textbook is available for students to rent for their classes. The Pearson print rental program provides students with affordable access to learning materials, so they come to class ready to succeed.
For courses in introductory Computer Science.
Teaches modern readers to become not just computer users, but computational thinkers
Having grown up with computers, most readers already know how to use Information Technology (IT) in their daily lives–but use is not understanding. More than ever, they must become “computational thinkers,” able to conceptualize where and how computation can be used effectively.
Equipping readers with a deeper understanding of the broad capabilities of technology, Fluency with Information Technology, 7th Edition uses a project-oriented learning approach supported by examples and realistic problem-solving scenarios. Authors Larry Snyder and Ray Henry teach readers to navigate IT independently and become effective users of today’s resources, forming a foundation of skills they can adapt to their personal and career goals as future technologies emerge. The text’s approach is centered on three types of content–skills, concepts, and capabilities–that prepare readers to adapt to an ever-changing computing environment. This 7th Edition incorporates updates and new content that mirrors the way contemporary readers encounter technology in their lives.
Table of contents
I. Becoming Skilled at Computing
1. Defining Information Technology
2. Exploring the Human-Computer Interface
3. The Basics of Networking
4. A Hypertext Markup Language Primer
5. Locating Information on the World Wide Web
6. An Introduction to Debugging
II. Algorithms and Digitizing Information
7. Representing Information Digitally
8. Representing Multimedia Digitally
9. Principles of Computer Operations
10. Algorithmic Thinking
III. Data and Information
11. Social Implications of IT
12. Privacy and Digital Security
13. The Basics of Spreadsheets
14. Advanced Spreadsheets for Planning
15. Introduction to Database Concepts
16. A Case Study in Database Organization
IV. Problem Solving
19. Programming Functions
20. Iteration Principles
21. A Case Study in Algorithmic Problem Solving
22. Limits to Computation
23. A Fluency Summary
Answers to Selected Questions
Published by Pearson (February 13th 2017) - Copyright © 2018