Horngren’s Cost Accounting defines the cost accounting market and continues to innovate today by consistently integrating the most current practice and theory into the text. This acclaimed, market-leading text emphasizes the basic theme of “different costs for different purposes,” and reaches beyond cost accounting procedures to consider concepts, analyses, and management. The 16th Edition incorporates the latest research and most up-to-date thinking into all relevant chapters, so that readers are prepared for the rewards and challenges they will face in the professional cost accounting world of today and tomorrow.
Features and benefits
MyLab gives you the tools you need to learn — and to get a better grade.
- Personalized study tools: Show you what you know, what you don’t, and where to spend your time to fill the gaps.
- Immediate feedback: On assignments and quizzes — and assistance with each problem if you need it — helps you get unstuck.
- The mobile eText: Lets you learn on your terms, wherever you are.
Table of contents
1. The Manager and Management Accounting
2. An Introduction to Cost Terms and Purposes
3. Cost—Volume—Profit Analysis
4. Job Costing
5. Activity-Based Costing and Activity-Based Management
6.Master Budget and Responsibility Accounting
7.Flexible Budgets, Direct-Cost Variances, and Management Control
8. Flexible Budgets, Overhead Cost Variances, and Management Control
9. Inventory Costing and Capacity Analysis
10. Determining How Costs Behave
11. Decision Making and Relevant Information
12. Strategy, Balanced Scorecard, and Strategic Profitability Analysis
13. Pricing Decisions and Cost Management
14. Cost Allocation, Customer-Profitability Analysis, and Sales-Variance Analysis
15. Allocation of Support-Department Costs, Common Costs, and Revenues
16. Cost Allocation: Joint Products and Byproducts
17. Process Costing
18. Spoilage, Rework, and Scrap
19. Balanced Scorecard: Quality and Time
20. Inventory Management, Just-in-Time, and Simplified Costing Methods
21. Capital Budgeting and Cost Analysis
22. Management Control Systems, Transfer Pricing, and Multinational Considerations
23. Performance Measurement, Compensation, and Multinational Considerations
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material