You'll get a bound printed text.
Today's most accessible, accurate, current, and engaging introduction to basic pathophysiology
Human Diseases: A Systemic Approach, Eighth Edition is today's most comprehensive visual survey of the common diseases affecting each body system. This edition has been extensively updated and reorganized to present the field's latest knowledge more efficiently and intuitively than ever. Organized by organ system, it contains completely rewritten chapters on cancer, the nervous system, mental illness and cognitive disorders, the urinary system, the respiratory system, heredity, the endocrine system, cardiovascular system, and blood; as well as an entirely new chapter on the eye and ear (special senses). Its superior pedagogy has been enhanced with stronger foundational coverage of disease mechanisms, new Healthy Aging and Promote Your Health features, and extensive new artwork.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This text will help allied health students quickly understand the principles of pharmacology, learn how those principles manifest themselves in human disease, and use this knowledge in their careers. It offers:¿
- A stronger foundation in the latest knowledge: Starts by providing a strong foundation in terminology, and the concepts associated with immunity, inflammation, inheritance, cancer, and infectious diseases; then presents updated visual coverage of every body system¿
- Promotion of critical thinking throughout: Contains multiple features designed to encourage critical thinking -- both by individual students and in classroom settings¿
- Emphasis on disease prevention and health promotion: Links key concepts to opportunities for students to promote health and prevent disease in both others and themselves
Also available with MyHealthProfessionsLab™
NEW: This title is also available with MyHealthProfessionsLab—an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn and test their understanding to help them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyHealthProfessionsLab, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
NOTE: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyHealthProfessionsLab does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyHealthProfessionsLab search for ISBN-10: 0133494934/ISBN-13: 9780133494938. That package includes ISBN-10: 0133351319/ISBN-13: 9780133351316 and ISBN-10: 013342474X/ISBN-13: 9780133424744.
MyHealthProfessionsLab should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of contents
I: Mechanisms of Disease
1. Introduction to Disease
2. Immunity, Inflammation, and Immune Disorders
3. Infectious Diseases and Infection Control
5. Heredity and Disease
II: Diseases of the Systems
6. Diseases and Disorders of the Cardiovascular System
7. Diseases and Disorders of the Blood
8. Diseases and Disorders of the Respiratory System
9. Diseases and Disorders of the Digestive System
10. Diseases and Disorders of the Urinary System
11. Diseases and Disorders of the Reproductive System
12. Diseases and Disorders of the Endocrine System
13. Diseases and Disorders of the Nervous System
14. Diseases and Disorders of the Special Senses
15. Mental Illness and Cognitive Disorders
16. Diseases and Disorders of the Bones, Joints, and Muscles
17. Diseases and Disorders of the Skin
B. Answers to Interactive Activities
C. Laboratory Tests and Diagnostic Procedures
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material