Interdomain Multicast Routing: Practical Juniper Networks and Cisco Systems Solutions: Practical Juniper Networks and Cisco Systems Solutions, 1st edition
Published by Addison-Wesley Professional (April 24th 2002) - Copyright © 2002
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
Increasing numbers of ISPs have begun implementing multicast infrastructure. Soon the Internet will provide multicast connectivity between any two points on the Internet the way it provides for unicast traffic today. Long-evolving protocols are reaching maturity, and enterprise networks and ISPs around the world are ramping up their multicast infrastructure. Now, more than ever, network engineers must be ready to deal with new applications that capitalize on the simultaneous, efficient delivery of data and imagery to multiple recipients.
Interdomain Multicast Routing is the key to unlocking the complexities of this growing technology. Starting with a summary of the technology and its relevant protocols, this book shows readers the big picture before revealing a detailed analysis of important protocols and the way they work with one another. Throughout, the authors focus on both Cisco Systems and Juniper Networks technology--the two leading vendors of routers and routing technology. Real-life examples are used to clearly illustrate key concepts. Specific topics covered in Interdomain Multicast Routing include:
- Background and in-depth analyses of multicast routing using PIM-SM and MSDP
- Comparison of Any-Source and Source-Specific multicast delivery models
- Explanation of how MBGP and M-ISIS can be used side by side to build a dedicated multicast environment
- A detailed breakdown of the differences between IGMP versions 1, 2, and 3
- A step-by-step guide to understanding the MSDP RPF-peer selection rules
- Lists of packet formats for IGMP, PIM, and MSDP
- A complete glossary that clarifies important terms and acronyms and provides their definitions
Practical and thorough in coverage, Interdomain Multicast Routing is an important addition to any network engineer's bookshelf.
Table of contents
1. Interdomain Multicast Fundamentals.
2. IMR Overview.
3. Multicast Routing Protocols.
4. Protocol Independent Multicast-Sparse Mode (PIM-SM).
5. Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (MSDP).
6. Source-Specific Multicast (SSM).
7. Multiprotocol Extensions for BGP (MBGP).
8. Multitopology Routing in Intermediate System to Intermediate System (M-ISIS).
9. Configuring and Verifying Multicast Routing on Juniper Networks Routers.
10. Configuring and Verifying Multicast Routing on Cisco Systems Routers.
11. Case Study: Service Provider Native Deployment.
12. Management Tools for Multicast Networks.
13. Other Related Topics.
Appendix A. IGMP Packet Formats.
Appendix B. PIM Packet Formats.
Appendix C. MSDP Packet Formats.
About the Authors.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material