Investments, Canadian Edition, 3rd edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
Appropriate for MBA and undergraduate courses in investments and/or portfolio management.
This book provides a solid theoretical framework around which to build practical knowledge of securities and securities markets. Offering a balanced presentation of theory and practice, it explains to students the essentials of prominent investment concepts and, just as importantly, shows how those concepts are applied by professional investors. Further, the book reviews a wide range of empirical studies that connect the academic to the practitioner.
Table of contents
About the Authors.
2. Buying and Selling Securities.
3. Security Markets.
4. Efficient Markets, Investment Value, and Market Place.
5. The Valuation of Riskless Securities.
6. The Portfolio Selection Problem.
7. Portfolio Analysis.
8. Risk-free Borrowing and Lending.
9. The Capital Asset Pricing Model.
10. Factor Models.
11. Arbitrage Pricing Theory.
12. Taxes and Inflation.
13. Fixed-Income Securities.
14. Bond Analysis.
15. Bond Portfolio Management.
16. Common Shares.
17. The Valuation of Common Shares.
21. Investment Companies.
22. Financial Analysis.
23. Investment Management.
24. Portfolio Performance Evaluation.
25. International Investing.
Selected Solutions to End-of-Chapter Questions and Problems.
Published by Pearson Canada (July 23rd 1999) - Copyright © 2000