Janson's History of Art: The Western Tradition, Reissued Edition, Volume 2, 8th edition
Janson's History of Art: The Western Tradition, Reissued Edition, Volume 2 (Subscription)
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
For Art History Survey courses
Explore the reissued Janson and experience the history of art
Janson’s History of Art: The Western Tradition, Reissued Eighth Edition presents the same content as the text’s Eighth Edition, published in 2010, now reimagined for digital learning via Revel, and also available through the Pearson Custom Library. While remaining current with new discoveries and scholarship, the Reissued Eighth Edition maintains its focus on the object, its manufacture, and its visual character, and continues to consider the contribution of the artist as a key element of analysis. Throughout, the authors engage students by weaving a compelling narrative of how art has changed over time in the cultures that Europe has claimed as its heritage.
Janson’s History of Art: The Western Tradition, Reissued Eighth Edition is also available via Revel™, an immersive learning experience designed for the way today's students read, think, and learn.
For enrollments of at least 25, the Pearson Custom Library allows you to create your own textbook by combining chapters from best-selling Pearson textbooks and by adding your own content, such as a guide to a local art museum, a map of monuments in your area, your syllabus, or a study guide you've created. Priced according to the number of chapters, a custom text may even save your students money.
Table of contents
14. Artistic Innovations in Fifteenth-Century Northern Europe
15. The Early Renaissance in Fifteenth-Century Italy
16. The High Renaissance in Italy, 1495–1520
17. The Late Renaissance and Mannerism in Sixteenth-Century Italy
18. Renaissance and Reformation in Sixteenth-Century Northern Europe
19. The Baroque in Italy and Spain
20. The Baroque in The Netherlands
21. The Baroque in France and England
22. The Rococo
23. Art in the Age of the Enlightenment, 1750–1789
24. Art in the Age of Romanticism, 1789–1848
25. The Age of Positivism: Realism, Impressionism, and the Pre-Raphaelites, 1848–1885
26. Progress and Its Discontents: Post-Impressionism, Symbolism, and Art Nouveau, 1880–1905
27. Toward Abstraction: The Modernist Revolution, 1904–1914
28. Art Between the Wars
29. Postwar to Postmodern, 1945–1980
30. The Postmodern Era: Art Since 1980
Published by Pearson (June 5th 2015) - Copyright © 2016