Legal Environment of Business, 9th edition
Published by Pearson (March 26th 2019) - Copyright © 2020
Pearson eText Legal Environment of Business: Online Commerce, Ethics, and Global Issues -- Instant Access
ISBN-13: 9780135636947Includes: eText (12-month access)
Pearson eText is an affordable, easy-to-use digital textbook. Read it on your computer, or download the mobile app to study on the go.
MyLab Business Law with Pearson eText -- Instant Access -- for Legal Environment of Business: Online Commerce, Ethics, and Global Issues
- Instant Access
Instant digital access to MyLab. To register, you'll need a Pearson course ID from your instructor.
Legal Environment of Business: Online Commerce, Ethics, and Global Issues
ISBN-13: 9780133973310Includes: Hardcover
You'll get a bound printed text.
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For undergraduate courses in the legal environment of business.
This ISBN is for the MyLab access card. Pearson eText is included.
Cutting-edge cases and comprehensive coverage of the legal environment of business
The Legal Environment of Business: Online Commerce, Ethics, and Global Issues examines how the current legal and e-commerce environments, and government regulations impact today's business decisions. The cases in this text are cutting-edge, exciting, and engaging, and the reasoning of each case is presented in the language of the court. The 9th Edition has been updated with all new cases, statutes, and questions, so students have the opportunity to not only learn about the law, but also apply it to their personal and professional lives.
Personalize learning with MyLab Management
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student.For example,Mini Sims put students in professional roles and give them the opportunity to apply course concepts and develop decision-making skills through real-world business challenges.
Table of contents
PART I: LEGAL ENVIRONMENT, JUDICIAL SYSTEM, DISPUTE RESOLUTION, AND BUSINESS ETHICS
1. Legal Heritage and the Information Age
2. Ethics and Social Responsibility of Business
3. Courts, Jurisdiction, and Administrative Law
4. Judicial, Alternative, and E-Dispute Resolution
PART II: CONSTITUTIONAL LAW, TORTS, CRIMES, AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
5. Constitutional Law for Business and E-Commerce
6. Torts and Strict Liability
7. Criminal Law and Cybercrime
8. Intellectual Property and Information Technology
PART III: CONTRACTS, UCC TRANSACTIONS, CREDIT, AND E-COMMERCE
9. Formation of Contracts
10. Performance and Breach of Contracts
11. Digital Law and E-Commerce
12. Sales Contracts, Leases, and Warranties
13. Credit, Secured Transactions, and Bankruptcy
PART IV: BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS, PARTNERSHIPS, CORPORATIONS, COMPANIES, AND SECURITIES LAW
14. Small Business, Entrepreneurship, and Partnerships
15. Limited Liability Companies and Special Forms of Business
16. Formation of Corporations and Corporate Governance
17. Investor Protection and Securities Transactions
PART V: AGENCY, EMPLOYMENT, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AND LABOR LAW
18. Agency Law
19. Equal Opportunity in Employment
20. Employment and Worker Protection
21. Labor Unions and Immigration Law
PART VI: GOVERNMENT REGULATION, CONSUMER SAFETY, ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION, AND REAL PROPERTY
22. Antitrust Law and Unfair Trade Practices
23. Consumer Protection
24. Environmental Protection
25. Real Property and Land Use Regulation
PART VII: GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT AND INTERNATIONAL COMMERCE
26. International and World Trade Law
PART VIII: ACCOUNTING PROFESSION
27. Accountants’ Duties and Liability
Appendix A: Constitution of the United States of America
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material