NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™ and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab or Mastering platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes MyLab Education.
A comprehensive and balanced approach to early literacy instruction (birth - Grade 3) with a focus on integrating language arts
Literacy Development in the Early Years: Helping Children Read and Write explores both the science and art of teaching literacy from birth through Grade 3. It presents a wealth of theory, research, practical strategies, and perspectives about how children learn literacy skills — while recognizing that literacy development is an active process between educators and their students. Renowned author Lesley Mandel Morrow utilizes her own research and experiences as well as the research of others to consider historical theories and philosophies about how children learn, policy changes in teaching reading, new laws and challenges in the area of testing and assessment, the place of diversity in today’s classrooms, teaching English learners, and more.
Reorganized with shorter, easier-to-read chapters, the 9th Edition contains added strategies for developing literacy in writing workshops, reading workshops, independent and partner reading, organizational methods, and comprehension development. Additional assessments allow teachers to carry out a more complete case study of a child’s abilities and needs.
Personalize learning with MyLab Education
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. MyLab Education gives teacher candidates opportunities to apply theory to practice – better preparing them for success in their future classrooms.
0135175348 / 9780135175347 Literacy Development in the Early Years: Helping Children Read and Write and MyLab Education with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134898230 / 9780134898230 Literacy Development in the Early Years: Helping Children Read and Write
- 0135185513 / 9780135185513 MyLab Education with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Literacy Development in the Early Years: Helping Children Read and Write
Table of contents
- Looking at an Exemplary Early Literacy Classroom
- Foundations of Early Literacy: From the Past to the Present
- Assessment in Early Literacy
- Literacy and Diversity: Teaching Children with Different Needs
- Early Childhood Language Development: Birth to Age Two
- Language and Vocabulary Development: Preschool through Third Grade
- Emergent Literacy Skills and Strategies: Helping Children to Figure Out Words
- Phonological Awareness and Phonics Instruction
- Developing Comprehension of Text and Fluency
- Writing, Spelling, and Literacy Development
- Using Children’s Literature in the Classroom
- Creating a Motivating Environment for Literacy Development: Positive Mindset, Technology, Integration, and Play
- Organizing and Managing Literacy Instruction
- Family Literacy Partnerships
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material