Non-Designer's Design Book, The, 4th edition
Published by Peachpit Press (November 19th 2014) - Copyright © 2015
You'll get a bound printed text.
For nearly 20 years, designers and non-designers alike have been introduced to the fundamental principles of great design by author Robin Williams. Through her straightforward and light-hearted style, Robin has taught hundreds of thousands of people how to make their designs look professional using four surprisingly simple principles. Now in its fourth edition, The Non-Designer’s Design Book offers even more practical design advice, including a new chapter on the fundamentals of typography, more quizzes and exercises to train your Designer Eye, updated projects for you to try, and new visual and typographic examples to inspire your creativity.
Whether you’re a Mac user or a Windows user, a type novice, or an aspiring graphic designer, you will find the instruction and inspiration to approach any design project with confidence.
THIS ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO DESIGN WILL TEACH YOU
- The four principles of design that underlie every design project
- How to design with color
- How to design with type
- How to combine typefaces for maximum effect
- How to see and think like a professional designer
- Specific tips on designing newsletters, brochures, flyers, and other projects
Table of contents
- Chapter 1. Introduction
- Chapter 2. Proximity
- Chapter 3. Alignment
- Chapter 4. Repetition
- Chapter 5. Contrast
- Chapter 6. Review of the Four Design Principles
- Chapter 7. Design with Color
- Chapter 8. Extra Tips & Tricks
- Chapter 9. The Essentials of Typography
- Chapter 10. Type (& Life)
- Chapter 11. Categories of Type
- Chapter 12. Type Contrasts
- Chapter 13. Does it Make Sense?
- Chapter 14. Answers & Suggestions
- Chapter 15. Typefaces in this Book
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material