Physics: Principles with Applications, 5th edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
This best-selling algebra-based physics book has been widely known for its carefully crafted exposition, strong biological applications, and high degree of accuracy and precision. KEY TOPICS: The Fifth Edition maintains these strengths and brings a conceptual emphasis and real-world flavor to the examples, problems, and art program. In addition, the new edition features an unparalleled suite of media and on-line resources to enhance the physics classroom. MARKET: For readers with an algebra-based physics background.
Table of contents
2. Describing Motion: Kinematics in One Dimension.
3. Kinematics in Two Dimensions; Vectors.
4. Motion and Force: Dynamics.
5. Circular Motion; Gravitation.
6. Work and Energy.
7. Linear Momentum.
8. Rotational Motion.
9. Bodies in Equilibrium; Elasticity and Fracture.
11. Vibrations and Waves.
13. Temperature and Kinetic Theory.
15. The Laws of Thermodynamics.
16. Electric Charge and Electric Field.
17. Electric Potential and Electric Energy; Capacitance.
18. Electric Currents.
19. DC Circuits.
21. Electromagnetic Induction and Faraday's Law; AC Circuits.
22. Electromagnetic Waves.
23. Light: Geometric Optics.
24. The Wave Nature of Light.
25. Optical Instruments.
26. Special Theory of Relativity.
27. Early Quantum Theory and Models of the Atom.
28. Quantum Mechanics of Atoms.
29. Molecules and Solids.
30. Nuclear Physics and Radioactivity.
31. Nuclear Energy; Effects and Uses of Radiation.
32. Elementary Particles.
33. Astrophysics and Cosmology.
Appendix A: Mathematical Review.
Appendix B: Dimensional Analysis.
Appendix C: Rotating Frames of Reference; Inertial Forces; Coriolis Effect.
Appendix D: Gauss's Law.
Appendix E:Galilean and Lorentz Transformations.
Appendix F: Selected Isotopes.
Answers to Odd-Numbered Problems.
Published by Benjamin Cummings (August 15th 1997) - Copyright © 1998