Police Field Operations: Theory Meets Practice, 3rd edition
Published by Pearson (February 1st 2019) - Copyright © 2020
Police Field Operations: Theory Meets Practice (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780135162842Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Police Field Operations: Theory Meets Practice
ISBN-13: 9780135186299Includes: Paperback
You'll get a bound printed text.
For courses in police operations and patrol.
A practical look at police field operations
Comprehensive and readable, Police Field Operations: Theory Meets Practice addresses the theory and practical applications of police practices, drawing on the personal accounts of current and former police officers. The text covers all major areas of police field operations, including patrolling, investigations, crime mapping, community policing, hot pursuit issues, communications, gangs, and drugs. With chapters that work consecutively or as independent units, the 3rd edition has been extensively updated with two new chapters and with coverage reflecting the challenges confronting police officers today.
Table of contents
1. The Police Career
2. Police Patrol: The Backbone of Policing
3. Police Field Procedures
4. Police Operations in a Community Policing Environment
5. The Crime Scene and Preliminary Investigation
6. Interviewing and Interrogation
7. Handling Calls for Service
8. Police Traffic Functions
9. Ethics and Police Misconduct
10. Police Reports and Communication
11. Gangs and Drugs
12. Police Operations in Culturally Diverse Communities
13. Crime Mapping and Analysis
14. Handling Terrorism and Natural Disasters
15. Legal Constraints on Police Operations
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material