Published byPearson (March 15th 2018) - Copyright © 2019
A digital platform that offers help when and where you need it, lets you focus your study time, and provides practical learning experiences. To register, you’ll need a Pearson course ID from your instructor.
You'll get a bound printed text.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes MyLab Education.
An engaging, cross-disciplinary guide to research methodology
Practical Research: Planning and Design is a do-it-yourself, how-to manual for planning and conducting research. Suitable for a wide variety of courses in basic research methodology, the book uses a conversational tone, step-by-step instructions, and practical suggestions to guide the reader from the selection of a problem to the preparation of a completed report.
The 12th Edition has been updated to include the latest technology-based strategies and online tools. Other key changes include a better balance between quantitative and qualitative methods, the addition of a new chapter on action research, and a new integrated MyLab.
Reach every student by pairing this text with MyLab Education
MyLab™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. MyLab Education helps students bridge the gap between theory and practice–better preparing them for success in their future endeavors.
0134802764 / 9780134802763 Practical Research: Planning and Design plus MyLab Education with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134775651 / 9780134775654 Practical Research: Planning and Design
- 0134776186 / 9780134776187 MyLab Education with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Practical Research: Planning and Design
Table of contents
1. THE NATURE AND TOOLS OF RESEARCH
PART II: FOCUSING YOUR RESEARCH EFFORTS
2. THE PROBLEM: THE HEART OF THE RESEARCH PROCESS
3. REVIEW OF THE RELATED LITERATURE
4. PLANNING YOUR RESEARCH PROJECT
5. WRITING THE RESEARCH PROPOSAL
PART III: RESEARCH DESIGNS
6. DESCRIPTIVE RESEARCH
7. EXPERIMENTAL, QUASI-EXPERIMENTAL, AND EX POST FACTO DESIGNS 8. QUALITATIVE RESEARCH METHODS
9. MIXED-METHODS DESIGNS
10. ACTION RESEARCH
PART IV: DATA ANALYSES
11. ANALYZING QUANTITATIVE DATA
12. ANALYZING QUALITATIVE AND MIXED-METHODS DATA
PART V: RESEARCH REPORTS
13. PLANNING AND PREPARING A FINAL RESEARCH REPORT
Appendix A: USING A SPREADSHEET: MICROSOFT EXCEL
Appendix B: USING SPSS
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material