NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For introductory courses in computer science and engineering.
This package includes MyProgrammingLab™
Learning to Program with ANSI-C
Problem Solving and Program Design in C teaches readers to program with ANSI-C, a standardized, industrial-strength programming language known for its power and probability. The text uses widely accepted software engineering methods to teach readers to design cohesive, adaptable, and reusable program solution modules with ANSI-C. Through case studies and real world examples, readers are able to envision a professional career in programming.
Widely perceived as an extremely difficult language due to its association with complex machinery, the Eighth Edition approaches C as conducive to introductory courses in program development. C language topics are organized based on the needs of beginner programmers rather than structure, making for an even easier introduction to the subject. Covering various aspects of software engineering, including a heavy focus on pointer concepts, the text engages readers to use their problem solving skills throughout.
Personalize Learning with MyProgrammingLab™
MyProgrammingLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
MyProgrammingLab allows you to engage your students in the course material before, during, and after class with a variety of activities and assessments.
0134243943 / 9780134243948 Problem Solving and Program Design in C Plus MyProgrammingLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 8/e
Package consists of:
- 0134014898 / 9780134014890 Problem Solving and Program Design in C
- 013425399X / 9780134253992 MyProgrammingLab with Pearson eText -- Access Code Card -- for Problem Solving and Program Design in C
Table of contents
0. Computer Science as a Career Path 1
1. Overview of Computers and Programming 13
2. Overview of C 45
3. Top-Down Design with Functions 107
4. Selection Structures: if and switch Statements 173
5. Repetition and Loop Statements 235
6. Pointers and Modular Programming 315
7. Array Pointers 375
8. Strings 453
9. Recursion 517
10. Structure and Union Types 567
11. Text and Binary File Pointers 623
12. Programming in the Large 659
13. Pointers and Dynamic Data Structures 699
14. Multiprocessing Using Processes and Threads (Online at www.pearsonhighered.com/irc)
15. On to C++ (Online at www.pearsonhighered.com/irc )
A More about Pointers A-1
B ANSI C Standard Libraries B-1
C C Operators C-1
D Character Sets D-1
E ANSI C Reserved Words E-1
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material