Production Management Systems: An Integrated Approach, 2nd edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
Offering a balanced introduction to the three major production management systems: MRPII, JIT and OPT, this new edition has been updated to take account of a number of new developments in the industry, including: the nature of customer driven manufacturing, time based component issues of concurrent engineering, environmental issues, product traceability and component traceability.
Table of contents
PART I: INTEGRATED MANUFACTURING: THE CONTEXT FOR PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT.
1. Overview: The new manufacturing environment.
2. Development of automation in manufacturing.
3. Computer integrated manufacturing Beyond CIM towards the factory of the future.
PART II THE REQUIREMENTS PLANNING APPROACH: MRP AND MRP II
4. Overview: Introduction to requirements planning (MRP and MRP II).
5. The use of the MRP system. Manufacturing resource planning (MRP II)
6. The production database. Lot sizing in MRP systems.
7. The status of MRP/MRP II as a paradigm for PMS.
8. The just in time approach Manufacturing systems design and planning for JIT.
9. The Kanban system.
PART III OPTIMIZED PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY:
10. Optimized production technology philosophy.
11. Optimized production technology system.
PART IV PMS: A VIEW OF THE FUTURE
12. Overview: MRP, JIT and OPT compared.
13. PMS in the extended enterprise.
Glossary of acronyms.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (January 22nd 1996) - Copyright © 1996