RenderMan Companion, The: A Programmer's Guide to Realistic Computer Graphics, 1st edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
This important book is designed as a tutorial for graphics programmers and provides a strong introduction to using RenderManTM, software developed by Pixar, the computer graphics division of Lucasfilm, Ltd. It provides the reader with the information necessary to start generating impressive images that convincingly compete with photography.
Table of contents
1. The Image-Rendering World.
2. Getting Started.
3. The Structure of a RenderMan Program.
4. Primitive Surfaces I: Quadratic Surfaces.
5. Primitive Surfaces II: Polygons.
6. Primitive Surfaces III: Parametric Surfaces
7. Geometric Transformations and Hierarchical Modeling Viewing I: The Digital Camera.
8. Viewing II: A Model of the Rendering Process.
9. Procedural Models and Level of Detail.
10. Lighting and Shading.
11. Surface Mapping.
12. The RenderMan Shading Language I: Introduction.
13. The RenderMan Shading Language II: Description.
14. The RenderMan Shading Language III: Tools.
15. A Gallery of Shaders.
Published by Addison-Wesley Professional (January 1st 1990) - Copyright © 1990