You'll get a bound printed text.
Designed to be the ‘best’ book for restaurant management, Restaurant Operations Management addresses content areas that are integral to a restaurant manager’s job, providing current and practical information. It breaks down the busy and complex world of restaurant management into what the manager must know, from the restaurant’s inception to its actual operation. It focuses on financial, labor, and product resources, within the context of pleasing the guests. KEY TOPICS: Topics cover: industry basics, sanitation, safety, nutrition, marketing, menu planning/design/pricing, human resources, accounting/financial management, standard recipes, product purchasing/receiving/storing/issuing, and restaurant analysis/improvement. MARKET: Current, practical, and accurate, Restaurant Operations Management is an easy and interesting read for practicing industry professionals, such as restaurant managers, restaurant training managers, restaurant owners, and others wanting to learn effective restaurant management.
Table of contents
I. RESTAURANT BASICS.
1. Introduction to Restaurants and the Restaurant Industry.
2. The Restaurant Manager and Sanitation.
3. The Restaurant Manager and Safety.
4. Nutrition Basics.
6. Menu Planning, Design, Pricing, and Evaluation: Where It All Starts!
II. MANAGING RESTAURANT OPERATIONS.
7. Managing the Restaurant’s Human Resources.
8. Accounting and Financial Management.
9. Standard Recipes Implement Quality Food Production.
10. Purchasing, Receiving, Storing, and Issuing: Getting Ready for Production.
11. Managing Food Production.
12. Managing Beverage Production and Service
13. Food and Beverage Service
14. Labor Cost Control Standards
15. Revenue Collection and Control Systems
16. Restaurant Analysis and Improvement Procedures
III. MANAGING RESTAURANT CHALLENGES
17. Legal Aspects of Restaurant Management
18. Restaurant Layout and Equipment
19. Restaurants and the Banquet Business
20. Engineering and Facility Maintenance
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (April 1st 2005) - Copyright © 2006