Revel for Created Equal: A History of the United States, Combined Volume -- Access Card, 5th edition
Published by Pearson (May 4th 2016) - Copyright © 2017
- Instant Access
This product is not available in your country
You'll get instant access to the digital content.
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Examine American history through the lens of contested equality
Created Equal: A History of the United States frames the American experience as the stories of various groups of men and women, all “created equal” in their common humanity, claiming an American identity for themselves. Presenting a rich historical analysis in a chronological framework, the authors challenge students to think critically about the ongoing struggles over equal rights and the shifting boundaries of inclusion and acceptance that have characterized American history. Updated with the latest data and statistics, the Fifth Edition covers contemporary issues of inclusion such as marriage equality and the reopening of diplomatic relations with Cuba.
Also available with MyHistoryLab®
MyHistoryLab for the U.S. History survey course extends learning online to engage students and improve results. Media resources with assignments bring concepts to life, and offer students opportunities to practice applying what they’ve learned. Please note: this version of MyHistoryLab does not include an eText.
Created Equal: A History of the United States, Fifth Edition is also available via REVEL™, an interactive learning environment that enables students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab™ & Mastering™ does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab & Mastering, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyLab & Mastering, search for:
0134378016 / 9780134378015 Created Equal: A History of the United States, Combined Volume plus MyHistoryLab® for U.S. History Survey — Access Card Package, 5/e
Package consists of:
- 0134101979 / 9780134101972 Created Equal: A History of the United States, Combined Volume, 5/e
- 0205967779 / 9780205967773 MyHistoryLab for U.S. History Survey Access Card
Table of contents
2. European Footholds in North America, 1600–1660
3. Controlling the Edges of the Continent, 1660–1715
4. African Enslavement: The Terrible Transformation
5. Colonial Diversity, 1713–1763
6. The Limits of Imperial Control, 1763–1775
7. Revolutionaries at War, 1775–1783
8. New Beginnings: The 1780s
9. Revolutionary Legacies, 1789–1803
10. Defending and Expanding the New Nation, 1804–1818
11. Society and Politics in the “Age of the Common Man,” 1819–1832
12. Peoples in Motion, 1832–1848
13. The Crisis over Slavery, 1848–1860
14. “To Fight to Gain a Country”: The Civil War
15. Consolidating a Triumphant Union, 1865–1877
16. Standardizing the Nation: Innovations in Technology, Business, and Culture, 1877–1890
17. Challenges to Government and Corporate Power, 1877–1890
18. Political and Cultural Conflict in a Decade of Depression and War: The 1890s
19. Visions of the Modern Nation: The Progressive Era, 1900–1912
20. War and Revolution, 1912–1920
21. All That Jazz: The 1920s
22. Hardship and Hope: The Great Depression of the 1930s
23. Global Conflict: World War II, 1937–1945
24. Cold War and Hot War, 1945–1953
25. Domestic Dreams and Atomic Nightmares, 1953–1963
26. The Nation Divides: The Vietnam War and Social Conflict, 1964–1971
27. Reconsidering National Priorities, 1972–1979
28. The Cold War Returns—and Ends, 1979–1991
29. Post–Cold War America, 1991–2000
30. A Global Nation in the New Millennium
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material