Revel for The West: Encounters and Transformations, Volume 1 -- Access Card, 5th edition
Published by Pearson (May 9th 2016) - Copyright © 2017
- Instant Access
This product is not available in your country
You'll get instant access to the digital content.
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Explore the changing nature of the West
The West: Encounters and Transformations examines the changing nature of Western civilization — helping students to understand how the definition of the West has both evolved and been transformed throughout history. Focusing on the central theme of cultural encounters, authors Brian Levack, Edward Muir, and Meredith Veldman explain how the West originated and developed through a continuous process of inclusion and exclusion resulting from a series of encounters among and within different groups. The Fifth Edition offers updated and revised content to better detail the political, social, religious, and cultural history of the regions that have been, at one time or another, considered part of the West.
Also available with MyHistoryLab®
MyHistoryLab for the Western Civilization course extends learning online to engage students and improve results. Media resources with assignments bring concepts to life, and offer students opportunities to practice applying what they’ve learned. Please note: this version of MyHistoryLab does not include an eText.
The West: Encounters and Transformations, Fifth Edition is also available via REVEL™, an interactive learning environment that enables students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab™ & Mastering™ does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab & Mastering, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyLab & Mastering, search for:
0134377745 / 9780134377742 The West: Encounters and Transformations, Volume 1 plus MyHistoryLab® for History of Western Civilization – Access Card Package, 5/e
Package consists of:
- 0134260287 / 9780134260280 The West: Encounters and Transformations, Volume 1, 5/e
- 0133792900 / 9780133792904 MyHistoryLab for History Western Civilization Access Card
Table of contents
2. The Age of Empires: The International Bronze Age and Its Aftermath, ca. 1500–550 B.C.E.
3. Greek Civilization
4. Hellenistic Civilization
5. The Roman Republic
6. Enclosing the West: The Early Roman Empire and Its Neighbors, 31 B.C.E.–235 C.E.
7. Late Antiquity: The Age of New Boundaries, 250–600
8. Medieval Empires and Borderlands: Byzantium and Islam
9. Medieval Empires and Borderlands: The Latin West
10. Medieval Civilization: The Rise of Western Europe
11. The Medieval West in Crisis
12. The Italian Renaissance and Beyond: The Politics of Culture
13. The West and the World: The Significance of Global Encounters, 1450–1650
14. The Reformations of Religion
15. The Age of Confessional Division
16. Absolutism and State Building, 1618–1715
17. The Scientific Revolution
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material