Social Foundations for Becoming a Teacher, 1st edition
Social Foundations for Becoming a Teacher
You'll get a bound printed text.
Social Foundations for Becoming a Teacher fosters awareness of social trends, issues, and forces that influence teachers in today’s high-stakes environment of education. Based on the successful introductory text Becoming a Teacher, this breakout text focuses on the sociological issues related to schools, communities, and teaching. Ideal for use in any pre-professional teaching course, Social Foundations for Becoming a Teacher offers a practical, readable overview of such topics as teachers’ working conditions, school culture, diversity, and ethnicity, and social realities in American schools.
Table of contents
1. SOCIETAL INFLUENCES ON EDUCATION
2. TEACHERS’ WORKING CONDITIONS
3. HISTORY OF EDUCATION IN THE U.S.
4. DIVERSITY IN U.S. EDUCATION
5. SOCIAL REALITIES AND TODAY’S SCHOOLS
6. TEACHER LEADERS AND THE PROFESSIONALIZATION OF TEACHING
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (October 11th 2005) - Copyright © 2006