NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of MyLab & Mastering programs exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab & Mastering, you will also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson:
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for MyLab may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Real teachers, real families and students, and real classrooms bring the field of Special Education to life.
Special Education: Contemporary Perspectives for School Professionals, Fifth Edition, provides a multi-dimensional view of the field of special education. The most current information and research available provides structure and predictability for novices to the field of special education in today’s educational world. Because special education is made up of real children and real professionals, the author helps to put a “face” on the field to enliven and authenticate the information. Each chapter features stories of individuals with disabilities from the parents of children with disabilities and from professionals who work in the field. Readers of this truly exceptional text will come away with the best understanding of the expectations for educators and students, and learn how critical concepts translate into educational practices.
Personalize learning with MyLab Education
MyLab™ Education is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with the text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students see key concepts demonstrated through video clips, practice what they learn, test their understanding, and receive feedback to guide their learning and ensure they master key learning outcomes.
0134995708 / 9780134995700Special Education: Contemporary Perspectives for School Professionals plus MyLab Education with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 5/e Package consists of:
- 0134488288 / 9780134488288 MyLab Education with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Special Education: Contemporary Perspectives for School Professionals
- 0134895002 / 9780134895000 Special Education: Contemporary Perspectives for School Professionals
Table of contents
BRIEF TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Understanding Special Education
2. The Personnel and Procedures of Special Education
3. Multicultural Perspectives
4. Collaboration in Special Education
5. Students with Specific Learning Disabilities
6. Students with Attention Deficit–Hyperactivity Disorder
7. Students with Emotional and Behavior Disorders
8. Students with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
9. Students with Speech and Language Disorders
10. Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder
11. Students with Deafness and Hearing Loss
12. Students with Visual Impairments
13. Students with Orthopedic Impairments, Traumatic Brain Injury, and Other Health Impairments
14. Students with Severe and Multiple Disabilities
15. Students Who Are Gifted and Talented
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material