Special Education: Contemporary Perspectives for School Professionals, 5th edition
Published by Pearson (March 2nd 2018) - Copyright © 2018
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
This is the eBook of the printed book and may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book.
Real teachers, real families and students, and real classrooms bring the field of Special Education to life.
Special Education: Contemporary Perspectives for School Professionals, Fourth Edition, provides a multi-dimensional view of the field of special education. The most current information and research available provides structure and predictability for novices to the field of special education in today’s educational world. Because special education is made up of real children and real professionals, the author helps to put a “face” on the field to enliven and authenticate the information. Each chapter features stories of individuals with disabilities from the parents of children with disabilities and from professionals who work in the field. Readers of this truly exceptional text will come away with the best understanding of the expectations for educators and students, and learn how critical concepts translate into educational practices.
Table of contents
BRIEF TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Understanding Special Education
2. The Personnel and Procedures of Special Education
3. Multicultural Perspectives
4. Collaboration in Special Education
5. Students with Specific Learning Disabilities
6. Students with Attention Deficit–Hyperactivity Disorder
7. Students with Emotional and Behavior Disorders
8. Students with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
9. Students with Speech and Language Disorders
10. Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder
11. Students with Deafness and Hearing Loss
12. Students with Visual Impairments
13. Students with Orthopedic Impairments, Traumatic Brain Injury, and Other Health Impairments
14. Students with Severe and Multiple Disabilities
15. Students Who Are Gifted and Talented
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material