Strategies for Reading Assessment and Instruction: Helping Every Child Succeed, 6th edition
Published by Pearson (February 5th 2019) - Copyright © 2020
Chosen formatView all
Strategies for Reading Assessment and Instruction: Helping Every Child Succeed
You'll get a bound printed text.
The most effective evidence-based, step-by-step strategies for reading assessment and instruction
Strategies for Reading Assessment and Instruction: Helping Every Child Succeed presents evidence-based reading assessment and instruction procedures in a clear, common-sense style to help teachers inform their instruction and meet individual learners’ needs. Readers can quickly turn to current information on classroom-ready assessment and instruction strategies and determine the best teaching methods using the authors’ popular “IF-THEN” charts.
The 6th Edition features separate chapters for each major component of reading, updated IF-THEN charts, a new chapter on ways educators can involve families and help prevent summer learning loss, new videos and application exercises, expanded instructional strategies for English language learners and for using technology, and more.
Also available with MyLab Education
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. MyLab Education helps students bridge the gap between theory and practice — better preparing them for success in their future endeavors.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab Education, ask your instructor to confirm the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyLab Education, search for:
0134863607 / 9780134863603 Strategies for Reading Assessment and Instruction: Helping Every Child Succeed, MyLab Education with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 6/e
Package consists of:
- 0134986814 / 9780134986814 MyLab Education with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card -- Strategies for Reading Assessment and Instruction: Helping Every Child Succeed
- 0134986881 / 9780134986883 Strategies for Reading Assessment and Instruction: Helping Every Child Succeed
Table of contents
- Strategic Reading Instruction
- Response to Intervention (RTI): Differentiating Reading Instruction for All Readers
- Oral Language and Listening: The Foundation of Literacy
- Early Literacy Skills: Phonological and Phonemic Awareness, Letter Name Knowledge, and Concepts about Print
- Phonics, Decoding, and Word Recognition Skills
- Reading Fluency
- Reading Vocabulary
- Reading Comprehension: Narrative Texts
- Reading Comprehension: Informational Texts
- Extending Our Reach: Summer Learning Loss, Family Involvement, and Professional Learning Communities
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material