SUCCESS! in Phlebotomy: A Q&A Review, 8th edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
For courses preparing students for any phlebotomy certification or licensure exam.
Comprehensive exam prep for phlebotomy certification and licensure
SUCCESS! in Phlebotomy: A Q&A Review is a complete exam-preparation system that combines more than 850 exam-style questions with outline-style content review and interactive technology. Written by professional educators with vast experience in test writing, statistics, and cognitive assessment, the text covers all of the concepts, skills, techniques, standards, and instrumentation that students will encounter on certification and licensing exams for blood collection, specimen handling, and transportation. The 8th edition of SUCCESS! in Phlebotomy is sequenced to match the 10th and latest edition of The Phlebotomy Handbook.
New! SUCCESS! in Phlebotomy: A Q&A Review is now available with Pearson Test Prep, an online practice resource with exam-style questions and detailed rationales. With Pearson Test Prep, learners can shuffle and randomize questions, test in both study and exam mode, customize exams, access test-taking tips, bookmark questions, take a pre-test that identifies strengths and weaknesses, use a built-in study planner, share results, indicate confidence levels, access a tutor, add notes to questions, and use a timer.
Table of contents
PART I: OVERVIEW, SAFETY PROCEDURES, AND MEDICAL COMMUNICATIONS
1. Phlebotomy Practice and Quality Essentials
2. Communication, Computerization, and Documentation
3. Professional Ethics, Legal, and Regulatory Issues
4. Infection Control
5. Safety and First Aid
PART II: ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY OF THE HUMAN BODY
6. Medical Terminology, Anatomy, and Physiology of Organ Systems
7. The Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
PART III: PHLEBOTOMY EQUIPMENT AND PROCEDURES
8. Blood Collection Equipment
9. Preanalytical Complications Causing Medical Errors in Blood Collection
10. Venipuncture Procedures
11. Capillary Blood Specimens
12. Specimen Handling, Transportation, and Processing
PART IV: POINT-OF-CARE TESTING AND SPECIAL PROCEDURES
13. Pediatric and Geriatric Procedures
14. Point-of-Care Collections
15. Arterial, Intravenous (IV), and Special Collection Procedures
16. Urinalysis, Body Fluids, and Other Specimens
17. Forensic Toxicology, Workplace Testing, Sports Medicine, and Related Areas
Published by Pearson (July 21st 2019) - Copyright © 2020