For introductory courses in computer concepts, digital literacy, or computer literacy, often including instruction in Microsoft Office.
Using technology to teach technology
Explore, discover, and experience technology with Technology in Action, the best seller that uses technology to teach technology. Authors Evans, Martin, and Poatsy know how readers learn today and help them focus on tasks that they can apply immediately in the workplace, the classroom, and at home. The 15th Edition uses practical content, hands-on projects, and coverage of artificial intelligence to provide an engaging learning experience. This in turn helps learners be more prepared, and provides them with the skills they need to be digitally literate in their everyday lives and in the workplace.
Also available packaged with MyLab™ IT or via Revel™.
MyLab is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. MyLab IT gives students the resources they need to be successful in their course, while also preparing them for their future careers.
Revel Technology in Action is an interactive digital learning environment that replaces the print textbook and gives students everything they need for the course. Fully digital and highly engaging, Revel enables students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab, or via Revel, ask your instructor to confirm the correct ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyLab, search for:
0134832507 / 9780134832500 MyLab IT for Technology in Action Complete, 15th Edition by Evans
Package consists of:
- 0134837878 / 9780134837871 Technology In Action Complete, 15e
- 0134837975 / 9780134837970 MyLab IT with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Technology in Action
If you would like to purchase the Revel version, search for:
0134868072/9780134868073 Revel Technology in Action -- Access Card, 15/e
Table of contents
1. The Impact of Technology in a Changing World
2. Looking at Computers: Understanding the Parts
3. Using the Internet: Making the Most of the Web’s Resources
4. Application Software: Programs That Let You Work and Play
5. System Software: The Operating System, Utility Programs, and File Management
6. Understanding and Assessing Hardware: Evaluating Your System
7. Networking: Connecting Computing Devices
8. Managing a Digital Lifestyle: Media and Ethics
9. Securing Your System: Protecting Your Digital Data and Devices
10. Behind the Scenes: Software Programming
11. Behind the Scenes: Databases and Information Systems
12. Behind the Scenes: Networking and Security in the Business World
13. Behind the Scenes: How the Internet Works
Appendix A. The History of the Personal Computer
Appendix B. Careers in IT
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material