For introductory courses in computer concepts, digital literacy, or computer literacy, often including instruction in Microsoft® Office.
Using technology to teach technology
Best-selling Technology in Action Introductory uses practical content and hands-¿on projects to engage students in computing tasks and skills they can apply at work, in class, or at home. Designed for today’s technically savvy students, the text introduces difficult concepts at a basic level early on, then expands upon these skills as students build mastery. The 16th edition brings innovative content updates, including new coverage of ethics, artificial intelligence, and managing a digital lifestyle, as well as several new features encouraging critical thinking.
Also available with MyLab IT
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab IT personalizes the learning experience and helps students absorb and retain key course concepts while developing skills that employers seek.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab IT does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab IT, ask your instructor to confirm the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyLab IT, search for:
0135757754 / 9780135757758 Technology in Action, Introductory, 16e + MyLab IT 2019 w/ Pearson eText, 16/e
Package consists of:
- 0135435129 / 9780135435120 MyLab IT with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Technology in Action, 16/e
- 0135480140 / 9780135480144 Technology In Action Complete, 16/e
Technology in Action, 16th Edition, is also available via Revel™, an interactive learning environment that enables students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience. Revel prepares students to meaningfully participate in class and provides the skills they need to be digitally literate in the workplace and in their everyday lives.
Table of contents
1. The Impact of Technology in a Changing World
2. Looking at Computers: Understanding the Parts
3. Using the Internet: Making the Most of the Web’s Resources
4. Application Software: Programs That Let You Work and Play
5. System Software: The Operating System, Utility Programs, and File Management
6. Understanding and Assessing Hardware: Evaluating Your System
7. Networking: Connecting Computing Devices
8. Managing Your Digital Lifestyle: Challenges and Ethics
9. Securing Your System: Protecting Your Digital Data and Devices
A. The History of the Personal Computer
B. Careers in IT
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material