The Basics of American Politics, 16th edition
Course invite link or link in LMS required
Revel for The Basics of American Politics -- Instant Access
- Instant Access
Hardcover, paperback, or loose-leaf
The Basics of American Politics [RENTAL EDITION]
The Basics of American Politics offers a concise and accessible introduction to the nuts and bolts of the American system of government. Throughout this brief, student-friendly text, author Gary Wasserman and new co-author Elliott Fullmer employ a dynamic game metaphor to engage students in the basics of American government and the contact sport of politics. The 16th Edition offers fresh topics that exemplify these times of political upheaval and reform, including President Trump’s recent policies as well as resistance from the left in the form of the #metoo movement and the actions of sanctuary cities.
Features and benefits
Revel was designed for you and the way you learn.
- Interactive animations and videos: Illustrate what you’re reading about, helping you learn without getting sidetracked.
- The assignment calendar: Shows exactly when every reading is due, helping you stay on track throughout the course.
- The Revel mobile app: Lets you read, practice, and study — anywhere, anytime, on any device.
Table of contents
2. The Constitution: Rules of the Game
3. The Executive Branch: The Presidency and Bureaucracy
4. The Legislative Branch: Congress
5. The Judicial Branch: The Supreme Court and the Federal Court System
6. Civil Rights and Liberties: Protecting the Players
7. Voters and Political Parties
8. Interest Groups and the Media
9. Who Wins, Who Loses: Pluralism versus Elitism
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (June 14th 2019) - Copyright © 2020