Understanding EKGs: A Practical Approach, 5th edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
For courses in paramedics.
A simple five-step approach to interpreting EKGs
Understanding EKGs: A Practical Approach is a practical yet comprehensive guide to basic EKG interpretation. With short, succinct chapters that work consecutively, this text is for the healthcare provider who is new to cardiovascular anatomy, physiology, and rhythm strip interpretation. Hundreds of review questions and review strips reinforce course material. The 5th edition reflects the most up-to-date standards of care, including the updated guidelines of the American Heart Association. The new edition also features 50 additional review questions, expanded graphics, and new or enhanced chapter objectives.
Table of contents
1. The Anatomy of the Heart: Structure
2. Cardiovascular Physiology: Function
3. Basic Electrophysiology
4. The Electrical Conduction System
5. The Electrocardiogram
6. Interpretation of an EKG Strip
7. Introducing the Sinus Rhythms
8. Introducing the Atrial Rhythms
9. Introducing the Junctional Rhythms
10. Introducing the Ventricular Rhythms
11. Introducing the Heart Block Rhythms
12. Introducing the Pacemaker Rhythms
13. Assessment and Treatment of the Patient with Cardiac Emergencies
14. More Review Questions
15. Review EKG Strips
1. Answers to Review Questions: Chapters 1—14
2. Answers to Review Strips: Chapter 15
Published by Pearson (January 31st 2019) - Copyright © 2020