What to Eat When You're Pregnant, 3rd edition : Revised and updated (including the A-Z of what's safe and what's not), 3rd edition
What to Eat When You're Pregnant, 3rd edition
You'll get a bound printed text.
Pregnancy is an amazing time, full of wonder and excitement. But it can be worrying too. You know it’s down to you to eat and drink in a way that will keep your baby safe and provide the ideal fuel for growth and development. But for most of us it’s far from clear exactly what that means.
So what should you eat – and what should you avoid? What's healthy - and what's not? And if there is a risk involved with certain foods, what exactly is the risk and how big is it? What are the nutrients that a growing baby needs and what can you eat to provide them? Do you need to take supplements, and if so, which ones?
This handy, compact book is your saviour. It's the definitive healthy eating guide for pregnancy and provides an instant checklist as to what foods are safe and what you should steer clear of. This new edition has been fully revised and includes:
• A unique, updated A-Z of food and drink – the ultimate handy, quick reference
• Guidelines on alcohol and caffeine, with full explanation
• Advice for vegetarian mothers-to-be and those on special diets
• Tips on how to handle morning sickness
• How to achieve a healthy weight gain and how to lose it sensibly afterwards
• Latest research findings on what foods affect a baby’s development, including the most up-todate advice on allergy proofing your baby
• What you should and shouldn’t eat while breastfeeding
Expert nutritionist and pregnancy specialist Dr Rana Conway provides all the facts and everything you
need to know to give your baby the very best start in life.
Features and benefits
Table of contents
Chapter 1 - Healthy Eating for Two
Chapter 2 – A Healthy Weight Gain
Chapter 3 – Low GI Eating
Chapter 4 – Food and Drinks to Avoid in Pregnancy
Chapter 5 – Nutrients - what they do and how much you need
Chapter 6 - Supplements – who needs what and why
Chapter 7 - Pregnancy Problems and How to Deal with Them
Chapter 8 – Special Diets
Chapter 9 - The A–Z of Foods and Ingredients
Chapter 10 - Breastfeeding – the best diet for you and your baby
Chapter 11 - Preparing for a New Pregnancy
Resources and Useful Contacts
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by FT Press (August 19th 2016) - Copyright © 2016