We understand that cancelling scheduled courses causes inconvenience and disappointment.
We do our best to avoid this happening. If we need to rearrange or cancel your course, we will contact you in advance with an explanation and outline further options to enable you to access the training at a future time.
Under normal circumstances we will inform you no less than 7 days before the course start date.
If you are unable to attend or complete your chosen course satisfactorily, as far as possible you will be offered an alternative date, or an extended deadline. If this proves impossible, the following fees may need to be applied to protect our member organisations from any financial loss incurred.
Although free of charge, to eligible participants, there are significant costs in terms of venue hire, travel, staffing, preparation of course materials and catering to be met.
Payment is dependent upon participants attending, acting upon their learning and submitting written evidence of this work. As such, failure to attend and complete the subsequent course requirements causes significant financial loss to the supplier.
The actual cost per participant:
• for a Level 1 course: £50
• for a Level 2 course: £100
• for a Level 3 course: £150.
Any cancellations must be communicated with us by email within the timescales below:
• From time of booking up to 15 days before course start date - no charge
• 7 days to 14 days before course start date - 50% of appropriate course fee above charged to employer
• 1 -7 days before the course start date - 75% of appropriate course fee above charged to employer
• No notification or non-attendance at course - 100% of appropriate course fee charged to employer
• Substitution with another eligible staff member is acceptable (with prior notification of proposed change) to your course provider - no charge
All fees or charges may be waived or reduced in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the course training provider.
A charge of up to £50 may be made for course participants failing to complete course assignments, within the time frame agreed with the course deliverer. If you are struggling to complete the course by the deadline, please do contact your course deliverer, who should be able to extend the deadline.
Whole school CPD
If you need to cancel a whole school workshop, our training provider will seek to rearrange your workshop with you. If cancellation is within 2 weeks of the course date, we reserve the right to administer a cancellation fee.