- Student, Cranfield University
Cranfield University has been using three MyLab products - Operations Management, Math and Accounting.
MyLab is a digital learning resource designed to work alongside specific textbooks as an online homework, tutorial and assessment programme.
MyLab provides a variety of different question types which can be studied independently or assigned by the lecturer. Assigned work is created and set with a deadline either as homework (for practice) or a test (for assessment).
The key findings associated with the use of a MyLab were that they:
- Allowed students to easily manage self-paced learning
- Supported student progression
- Motivated and encouraged student engagement at home and on campus
- Delivered immediate feedback, helping students monitor their own performance and guide further study or revision
- Provided the teaching team with access to off-the-shelf online learning tools, that could supplement and enrich what they were able to do with students
“Having a resource that people can use at their own pace, in their own time, allows them to engage with the learning and engage with the material.”
– Dr Denyse Julien, Course Director, Cranfield University