Our management programmes
Team Leader/Supervisor: Level 3
A talent development programme for first line managers to drive team performance and productivity.
The Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Management has been developed in collaboration with the Sector Skills Body for business using the most recent National Occupational Standards. It is for learners who work in, or who want to work in management roles such as Section Manager, First Line Manager, Assistant Manager, Trainee Manager, Senior Supervisor and Junior NonCommissioned Officer.
- Develop and demonstrate technicaland wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence in the job rolesstated above. This includes principles of equality, diversity and inclusion,the principles of leadership and management and the principles of people management.
- Develop and demonstrate a range oftechnical skills and behaviours that support competence in the job roles statedabove. This includes managing personal and professional development, supportingequality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and managing team and individuals’ performance.
- Have existing skills recognised
- Achieve a nationally-recognisedLevel 3 qualification
No prior knowledge, understanding, skills or qualifications are required before learners register for this qualification. However, it is likely that learners at this level will have some prior experience in a supervisory or team leader role, or experience deputising in a managerial role to allow them to complete the qualification, although this is not a formal requirement.
Learners who achieve the Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Management can progress to a level 5 qualification and into job roles requiring a more complex set of skills, such as Manager, Head of Function, and Area Manager.
Level 5 Apprenticeship Standard for Operations/Departmental Manager
Professionalising existing managers, progression for team leaders and succession planning.
An operations/departmental manager is someone who manages teams and/or projects, and achieving operational or departmental goals and objectives, as part of the delivery of the organisation’s strategy. They are accountable to a more senior manager or business owner. Working in the private, public or third sector and in all sizes of organisation, specific responsibilities and job titles will vary, but the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed will be the same.
Key responsibilities may include creating and delivering operational plans, managing projects, leading and managing teams, managing change, financial and resource management, talent management, coaching and mentoring.
Roles may include: Operations Manager, Regional Manager, Divisional Manager, Department Manager and specialist managers.
Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship: Level 6
Allow your employees to work, earn and gain a degree.
As part of the apprenticeship learners will complete a BA (Hons) Business Management degree at Pearson Business School. The apprenticeship can be completed in 2-4 years and learners will work four days per week in their current job role and study one day per week at Pearson Business School in London. On successful completion of the degree the learner will be awarded a BA Honours degree in Business Management validated by University of Kent, a highly respected and well ranked university.
Learners will attend workshops and sessions hosted by some of the biggest companies in the world (recent examples include Unilever, Savills, IBM, Direct Line Group, L'Oreal), and be taught by industry professionals, so that they really understand the principles of business management and how to apply them.
The modules will cover:
- Principles of Business (Finance, Marketing, Organisational Behaviour, People)
- Operations and Project Management
- Introduction to Contract Law
- Management Reporting and Decision-Making
- Strategic Brand Planning
- Strategic Management
- Strategic Innovation Management
- Work based research and projects
There are also a range of electives available in the final stage of the programme so you and your learners can tailor the degree to meet their career aspirations and interests.