William Chuck Easttom, II
Easttom II  | ©2018
Pearson IT Certification  | Access Code Card  | ISBN-13: 9780134998671
Easttom  | ©2018
Pearson IT Certification  | Paper  | 448 pp  | ISBN-13: 9780789759375
The perfect introduction to pen testing for all IT professionals and students
· Clearly explains key concepts, terminology, challenges, tools, and skills
· Covers the latest penetration testing standards from NSA, PCI, and NIST
Welcome to today’s most useful and practical introduction to penetration testing. Chuck Easttom brings together up-to-the-minute coverage of all the concepts, terminology, challenges, and skills you’ll need to be effective.
Drawing on decades of experience in cybersecurity and related IT fields, Easttom integrates theory and practice, covering the entire penetration testing life cycle from planning to reporting.
You’ll gain practical experience through a start-to-finish sample project relying on free open source tools. Throughout, quizzes, projects, and review sections deepen your understanding and help you apply what you’ve learned.
Including essential pen testing standards from NSA, PCI, and NIST, Penetration Testing Fundamentals will help you protect your assets—and expand your career options.
LEARN HOW TO
· Understand what pen testing is and how it’s used
· Meet modern standards for comprehensive and effective testing
· Review cryptography essentials every pen tester must know
· Perform reconnaissance with Nmap, Google searches, and ShodanHq
· Use malware as part of your pen testing toolkit
· Test for vulnerabilities in Windows shares, scripts, WMI, and the Registry
· Pen test websites and web communication
· Recognize SQL injection and cross-site scripting attacks
· Scan for vulnerabilities with OWASP ZAP, Vega, Nessus, and MBSA
· Identify Linux vulnerabilities and password cracks
· Use Kali Linux for advanced pen testing
· Apply general hacking technique ssuch as fake Wi-Fi hotspots and social engineering
· Systematically test your environment with Metasploit
· Write or customize sophisticated Metasploit exploits
Pearson offers affordable and accessible purchase options to meet the needs of your students. Connect with us to learn more.
K12 Educators: Contact your Savvas Learning Company Account General Manager for purchase options. Instant Access ISBNs are for individuals purchasing with credit cards or PayPal.
Savvas Learning Company is a trademark of Savvas Learning Company LLC.
We're sorry! We don't recognize your username or password. Please try again.
The work is protected by local and international copyright laws and is provided solely for the use of instructors in teaching their courses and assessing student learning.
You have successfully signed out and will be required to sign back in should you need to download more resources.