DescriptionThis unique all-in-one textbook and lab manual teaches the fundamentals of IT device installation, configuration, maintenance, and networking with thorough instruction built on the CompTIA A+ 220-901 and 220-902 exam objectives. Students will learn all the skills they need to become certified professionals and customer-friendly technicians using today’s tools and technologies.
This product is an alternate version of
|Online purchase price||$100.00|
This product is part of the following series. Click on a series title to see the full list of products in the series.
- Written by Network Engineering Technology professor with industry experience, Cheryl Schmidt
- The modern IT Tech Support learning guide that also helps prepare students for the latest A+ certification exam
- Includes over 100 hands-on labs PLUS hundreds more online with optional uCertify bundle
- Includes review questions, soft skills sections, tech tips, key terms, glossary, hundreds of learning exercises, critical thinking activities, and other learning tools that establish a solid foundation for understanding
- Realistic coverage includes common legacy technologies along with non-certification topics like Windows 10
- Watch Author Webcast on Preparing your students for the new CompTIA A+ Exams https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVJ39S7kJBA&feature=youtu.be
New to This Edition
- Updated to latest CompTIA A+ objectives 901 & 902 (includes Linux, Mac, mobile, cloud, expanded troubleshooting and security)
- Plus coverage of Windows 10
- All new four-color interior design
- Dozens of activities to help "flip" the classroom
- Hundreds of labs included within the textbook - no need for a separate lab manual
Table of Contents
Features of This Book
Part I CompTIA 200-901 Exam Focus
Chapter 1: Intro to the World of IT 1
Chapter 2: Connectivity 45
Chapter 3: On the Motherboard 79
Chapter 4: Intro to Configuration 129
Chapter 5: Disassembly and Power 167
Chapter 6: Memory 241
Chapter 7: Storage Devices 285
Chapter 8: Multimedia Devices 361
Chapter 9: Video Technologies 409
Chapter 10: Printers 459
Chapter 11: Mobile Devices 519
Chapter 12: Computer Design and Troubleshooting Review 625
Chapter 13: Internet Connectivity 671
Chapter 14: Introduction to Networking 715
Part II CompTIA 220-902 Exam Focus
Chapter 15: Basic Windows 831
Chapter 16: Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10 993
Chapter 17: OS X and Linux Operating Systems 1103
Chapter 18: Computer and Network Security 1149
Chapter 19: Operational Procedures 1241
Appendix A: Subnetting
Appendix B: Certification Exam Objectives (Online)
Important: To use the test banks below, you must download the TestGen software from the TestGen website. If you need help getting started, read the tutorials on the TestGen site.
Websites and online courses
Other Student Resources
Pearson offers special pricing when you package your text with other student resources. If you're interested in creating a cost-saving package for your students, contact your Pearson rep.
|Online purchase price||$100.00|
About the Author(s)
Cheryl Schmidt is a professor of Network Engineering Technology at Florida State College at Jacksonville. Prior to joining the faculty ranks, she oversaw the LAN and PC support for the college and other organizations. She started her career as an electronics technician in the U.S. Navy. She teaches computer repair and various networking topics, including CCNA, CCNP, VoIP, QoS, and wireless technologies. She has published other works with Pearson, including IP Telephony Using CallManager Express and Routing and Switching in the Enterprise Lab Guide.
Cheryl has won awards for teaching and technology, including Outstanding Faculty of the Year, Innovative Teacher of the Year, Cisco Networking Academy Instructor Excellence Award, and Cisco Networking Academy Stand Out Instructor. She has presented at U.S. and international conferences. Cheryl keeps busy maintaining her technical certifications and teaching, but also loves to travel, hike, do all types of puzzles, and read.
We're sorry! We don't recognize your username or password. Please try again.
Instructor resource file download
The work is protected by local and international copyright laws and is provided solely for the use of instructors in teaching their courses and assessing student learning.
You have successfully signed out and will be required to sign back in should you need to download more resources.