Elementary and Middle School Mathematics: Teaching Developmentally, 10th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Elementary and Middle School Mathematics illustrates how children in PreK to 8th grade learn math, and then shows the most effective methods of teaching math using problem-based activities. Examples of real student work and new common challenges help you visualize developmentally appropriate mathematics instruction and assessment that supports and challenges all learners. Clear discussions detail how to teach each topic, what a learning progression for that topic might be, and what worthwhile tasks look like. Hundreds of classroom-ready activities show how you can engage students with the concepts. A valuable reference to consult throughout your teaching career, Elementary and Middle School Mathematics helps you develop pedagogical strategies now, and in your future teaching.
The 10th Edition reflects the Common Core State Standards and NCTM's Principles to Actions, as well as current research and the latest teaching technology.
Published by Pearson (September 18th 2020) - Copyright © 2021
Subject: Curriculum & Instruction
Category: Math Methods
SECTION I: Teaching Mathematics: Foundations and Perspectives
- Teaching Mathematics in the 21st Century
- Exploring What It Means to Know and Do Mathematics
- Teaching through Problem Solving
- Planning in the Problem-Based Classroom
- Creating Assessments for Learning
- Teaching Mathematics Equitably to All Students
SECTION II: Development of Mathematical Concepts and Procedures
- Developing Early Number Concepts and Number Sense
- Developing Meanings for the Operations
- Developing Basic Fact Fluency
- Developing Whole-Number Place-Value Concepts
- Developing Strategies for Addition and Subtraction Computation
- Developing Strategies for Multiplication and Division Computation
- Algebraic Thinking, Equations, and Functions
- Developing Fraction Concepts
- Developing Fraction Operations
- Developing Decimal and Percent Concepts and Decimal Computation
- Ratios, Proportions, and Proportional Reasoning
- Developing Measurement Concepts
- Geometric Thinking and Geometric Concepts
- Developing Concepts of Data Analysis
- Exploring Concepts of Probability
- Developing Concepts of Exponents, Integers, and Real Numbers
- Standards for Mathematical Practice
- NCTM Mathematics Teaching Practices: from Principles to Actions
- Guide to Blackline Masters
- Activities at a Glance
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.