Elementary and Middle School Mathematics: Teaching Developmentally, 10th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Elementary and Middle School Mathematics: Teaching Developmentally illustrates how children learn mathematics, and then shows you the most effective methods of teaching PreK-8 math through hands-on, problem-based activities. With engaging activities, you'll boost your own knowledge of the math and learn concrete, developmentally appropriate ways to incorporate problem-based tasks in the classroom. Examples of real student work and new common challenges and misconception tables help you visualize good mathematics instruction and assessment that supports and challenges all learners. An important reference to consult throughout your teaching career, this book reflects the Common Core State Standards and NCTM's Principles to Actions, as well as current research and coverage of the latest teaching technology.
Published by Pearson (September 18th 2020) - Copyright © 2021
Subject: Curriculum & Instruction
Category: Math Methods
Table of contents
SECTION I: TEACHING MATHEMATICS: FOUNDATIONS AND PERSPECTIVES
1. Teaching Mathematics in the 21st Century
2. Exploring What It Means to Know and Do Mathematics
3. Teaching through Problem Solving
4. Planning in the Problem-Based Classroom
5. Creating Assessments for Learning
6. Teaching Mathematics Equitably to All Students
SECTION II: DEVELOPMENT OF MATHEMATICAL CONCEPTS AND PROCEDURES
7. Developing Early Number Concepts and Number Sense
8. Developing Meanings for the Operations
9. Developing Basic Fact Fluency
10. Developing Whole-Number Place-Value Concepts
11. Developing Strategies for Addition and Subtraction Computation
12. Developing Strategies for Multiplication and Division Computation
13. Algebraic Thinking, Equations, and Functions
14. Developing Fraction Concepts
15. Developing Fraction Operations
16. Developing Decimal and Percent Concepts and Decimal Computation
17. Ratios, Proportions, and Proportional Reasoning
18. Developing Measurement Concepts
19. Geometric Thinking and Geometric Concepts
20. Developing Concepts of Data Analysis
21. Exploring Concepts of Probability
22. Developing Concepts of Exponents, Integers, and Real Numbers
Appendix A: Standards for Mathematical Practice
Appendix B: NCTM Mathematics Teaching Practices: from Principles to Actions
Appendix C: Guide to Blackline Masters
Appendix D: Activities at a Glance
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.