Early Childhood Development: A Multicultural Perspective, 7th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Study smarter, not harder
Save time with study tools in your eText
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Early Childhood Development: A Multicultural Perspective examines developmental processes among children of diverse cultural backgrounds in and out of the US.
Published by Pearson (July 15th 2020) - Copyright © 2021
Subject: Educational Psychology
Category: Child Development in Education
Table of contents
1. Studying Early Childhood Development in a Diverse World 1
2. Research and Assessment in Early Childhood Development 17
3. Theories of Child Development 39
4. Genetics, Prenatal Development, and Birth 73
5. The Newborn 95
6. Physical Growth of Infants and Toddlers 113
7. Cognitive Development of Infants and Toddlers 138
8. Infant and Toddler Language and Literacy 162
9. Infant and Toddler Social and Emotional Development 182
10. Preschool Physical and Motor Development 210
11. Cognitive Development in the Preschool Years 239
12. Symbolic Thought: Play, Language, and Literacy in the Preschool Years 269
13. Social and Emotional Development of Preschoolers 308
14. Physical Growth and Motor Development in the Primary Years 342
15. Cognitive Development in the Primary Years 368
16. Language and Literacy in the Primary Years 410
17. Social and Emotional Development in the Primary Years 442
18. Parents, Families, and Children: A Multicultural Perspective 477
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.