Stats: Modeling the World, 5th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
For courses in Introductory Statistics (algebra-based).
Gets students thinking statistically from the start
Stats: Modeling the World leads with practical data analysis and graphics to engage students and get them to think in a statistical context. Relevant examples and data along with the authors' signature Think, Show, and Tell problem-solving method help students learn to approach a question, solve the problem and communicate meaning.
In the 5th Edition, new co-author Floyd Bullard introduces a greater emphasis on simulations as a powerful pedagogical tool. Accompanying applets give students the opportunity to explore important ideas, providing greater conceptual depth that will prepare them to apply their statistical knowledge in this course and beyond.
Published by Pearson (January 1st 2021) - Copyright © 2019
Subject: Introductory Statistics
Category: Stats: Modeling the World
I. EXPLORING AND UNDERSTANDING DATA
- 1. Stats Starts Here
- 2. Displaying and Describing Categorical Data
- 3. Displaying and Summarizing Quantitative Data
- 4. Understanding and Comparing Distributions
- 5. The Standard Deviation as a Ruler and the Normal Model
- Review of Part I: Exploring and Understanding Data
II. EXPLORING RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN VARIABLES
- 6. Scatterplots, Association, and Correlation
- 7. Linear Regression
- 8. Regression Wisdom
- 9. Re-expressing Data: Get It Straight!
- Review of Part II: Exploring Relationships Between Variables
III. GATHERING DATA
- 10. Understanding Randomness
- 11. Sample Surveys
- 12. Experiments and Observational Studies
- Review of Part III: Gathering Data
IV. RANDOMNESS AND PROBABILITY
- 13. From Randomness to Probability
- 14. Probability Rules!
- 15. Random Variables
- 16. Probability Models
- Review of Part IV: Randomness and Probability
V. FROM THE DATA AT HAND TO THE WORLD AT LARGE
- 17. Sampling Distribution Models
- 18. Confidence Intervals for Proportions
- 19. Testing Hypotheses About Proportions
- 20. More About Tests and Intervals
- 21. Comparing Two Proportions
- Review of Part V: From the Data at Hand to the World at Large
VI. LEARNING ABOUT THE WORLD
- 22. Inferences About Means
- 23. Comparing Means
- 24. Paired Samples and Blocks
- Review of Part VI: Learning About the World
VII. INFERENCE WHEN VARIABLES ARE RELATED
- 25. Comparing Counts
- 26. Inferences for Regression
- Review of Part VII: Inference When Variables Are Related
- 27. Analysis of Variance* (online)
- 28. Multiple Regression* (online)
A. Selected Formulas
B. Guide to Statistical Software
D. Photo and Text Acknowledgments
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.