Along These Lines: Writing Paragraphs and Essays, 8th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
For courses in college developmental writing.
Effective writers are effective learners
Along These Lines: Writing Paragraphs and Essays guides students, step by step, through the writing process with in-depth instruction on grammar and a proven focus on developing effective paragraphs and essays. With its intensive coverage of the writing process, the text helps developing writers acquire and improve their skills to become more effective writers and learners.
In the 8th Edition, each chapter offers numerous individual and collaborative exercises, along with contextualized practical writing applications, such as workplace writing, personal writing and classroom-centered academic material.
Published by Pearson (January 1st 2021) - Copyright © 2019
Subject: Developmental English
Category: Developmental Writing
PART 1 – WRITING IN STAGES: THE PROCESS APPROACH
- Writing a Paragraph
- Comparison and Contrast
- Cause and Effect
- Writing an Essay
- Different Essay Patterns: Part One
- Different Essay Patterns: Part Two
- Using Research to Strengthen Essays
- Writing from Reading
PART 2 – GRAMMAR FOR WRITERS
- The Simple Sentence
- Beyond the Simple Sentence: Coordination
- Avoiding Run-On Sentences and Comma Splices
- Beyond the Simple Sentence: Subordination
- Avoiding Sentence Fragments
- Using Parallelism in Sentences
- Using Adjectives and Adverbs
- Correcting Problems with Modifiers
- Using Verbs Correctly: Standard Verb Forms, Irregular Verbs, Consistency, and Voice
- Making Subjects and Verbs Agree
- Using Pronouns Correctly: Agreement and Reference
- Using Pronouns Correctly: Consistency and Case
- Words that Sound Alike/Look Alike
- Word Choice
- Sentence Variety
Appendix. Readings for Writers
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.