American Stories: A History of the United States, Combined Volume, 4th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
American Stories help you to see beyond the assortment of facts that make up US history so you can truly understand the story of our nation. This title presents coverage of the dilemmas, choices, and decisions made by the American people, as well as their leaders, that helped shape America.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2018
Category: US History Survey
Table of contents
1. New World Encounters: Preconquest - 1608
2. England's New World Experiments, 1607 - 1732
3. Putting Down Roots: Opportunity and Oppression in Colonial Society, 1619 - 1692
4. Experience of Empire: Eighteenth-Century America, 1680 - 1763
5. The American Revolution: From Elite Protest to Popular Revolt, 1763 - 1783
6. The Republican Experiment, 1783 - 1788
7. Democracy and Dissent: The Violence of Party Politics, 1788 - 1800
8. Republican Ascendancy: The Jeffersonian Vision, 1800 - 1814
9. Nation Building and Nationalism, 1815 - 1825
10. The Triumph of White Men's Democracy, 1824 - 1840
11. Slaves and Masters, 1793 - 1861
12. The Pursuit of Perfection, 1800 - 1861
13. An Age of Expansionism, 1830 - 1861
14. The Sectional Crisis, 1846 - 1861
15. Secession and the Civil War, 1860 - 1865
16. The Agony of Reconstruction, 1865 - 1877
17. The West: Exploiting an Empire, 1849 - 1902
18. The Industrial Society, 1850 - 1901
19. Toward an Urban Society, 1877 - 1900
20. Political Realignments, 1876 - 1901
21. Toward Empire, 1865 - 1902
22. The Progressive Era, 1895 - 1917
23. From Roosevelt to Wilson in the Age of Progressivism, 1900 - 1920
24. The Nation at War, 1901 - 1920
25. Transition to Modern America, 1919 - 1928
26. Franklin D. Roosevelt and the New Deal, 1929 - 1939
27. America and the World, 1921 - 1945
28. The Onset of the Cold War, 1945 - 1960
29. Affluence and Anxiety, 1945 - 1960
30. The Turbulent Sixties, 1960 - 1968
31. To a New Conservatism, 1969 - 1988
32. Into the Twenty-First Century, 1989 - 2016
Volume I includes chapters 1 - 16; Volume II includes chapters 16 - 32.
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month 'term'. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. You can turn on auto-renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4-month term has ended.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last 4 months. Before your initial 4-month term ends, you can extend your subscription by turning auto-renew on in My account. If you turn auto-renew on, we’ll automatically renew your subscription and charge you every month until you turn off auto-renew.
To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date. You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription. We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.