Civilizations Past and Present, Combined Volume, 13th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Civilizations Past and Present treats the development of civilization as a global phenomenon involving interactions among the world's cultures. In order to illustrate these global interactions, the text covers all elements of history: social, economic, political, military, religious, aesthetic, legal and technological.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2021
Category: Western Civilization
Table of contents
- Stone Age Societies and the Earliest Civilizations of the Near East
- Early Chinese Civilization
- Early Indian Civilizations
- The Greeks 2000-30 BCE
- Rome, 900 BCE to 476 CE
- The Eastern Mediterranean World, 300-950 CE
- The Islamic World, 950-1300 CE
- African Beginnings
- The Americas to 1500
- The Creation of Europe: 300-1500
- Culture, Power, and Trade in the Era of Asian Hegemony, 220-1350
- The Great Dynastic Empires of Eurasia, 1300-1650
- East Asian Cultural and Political Systems, 1300-1650
- New Ways of Thinking: 1300-1700: Renaissance, Reformations, and Scientific Revolution
- Global Encounters: Europe and the New World Economy, 1400-1650
- Europe: The Rise of the Nation States, 1500-1815
- Africa in the World Economy, 1650-1850
- Asian and Middle Eastern Empires and Nations, 1650-1815
- The Americas, 1650-1825
- The European Century, 1815-1914
- Africa and the Near East During the Age of European Imperialism
- Imperialism and Modernity in Asia and the Pacific, 1815-1914
- The Americas, 1825-1914
- World War I: The Origins and Consequences of a European Tragedy
- The Failure of the Liberal Model and the Rise of Authoritarianism
- World War II
- Forging New Nations in Asia, 1910-1950
- National Movements and the Drive for Independence in the Near East and Africa from the 1920s to 1950s
- The West Since 1945: Cold War and Confused Peace
- The Near East and Africa Since 1945
- Latin America Since 1910
- Asia and the South Pacific Since 1945
Volume I includes chapters 1-16; Volume II includes chapters 16-32.
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month 'term'. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. You can turn on auto-renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4-month term has ended.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last 4 months. Before your initial 4-month term ends, you can extend your subscription by turning auto-renew on in My account. If you turn auto-renew on, we’ll automatically renew your subscription and charge you every month until you turn off auto-renew.
To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date. You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription. We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.