Civilizations Past and Present, Combined Volume, 13th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Civilizations Past and Present presents a narrative exploration of world history and cultures. The authors treat the development and growth of civilization as a global phenomenon involving the interaction of all of the world's cultures. The text illustrates this global interaction through examination of the various elements of history: social, economic, political, military, religious, aesthetic, legal and technological. The authors emphasize world trends while carefully avoiding placing these trends within a Western conceptual basis.
The 13th Edition has been substantially revised to present the most current interpretations of historical events.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2021
Category: Western Civilization Survey
- Stone Age Societies and the Earliest Civilizations of the Near East
- Early Chinese Civilization
- Early Indian Civilizations
- The Greeks 2000-30 BCE
- Rome, 900 BCE to 476 CE
- The Eastern Mediterranean World, 300-950 CE
- The Islamic World, 950-1300 CE
- African Beginnings
- The Americas to 1500
- The Creation of Europe: 300-1500
- Culture, Power, and Trade in the Era of Asian Hegemony, 220-1350
- The Great Dynastic Empires of Eurasia, 1300-1650
- East Asian Cultural and Political Systems, 1300-1650
- New Ways of Thinking: 1300-1700: Renaissance, Reformations, and Scientific Revolution
- Global Encounters: Europe and the New World Economy, 1400-1650
- Europe: The Rise of the Nation States, 1500-1815
- Africa in the World Economy, 1650-1850
- Asian and Middle Eastern Empires and Nations, 1650-1815
- The Americas, 1650-1825
- The European Century, 1815-1914
- Africa and the Near East During the Age of European Imperialism
- Imperialism and Modernity in Asia and the Pacific, 1815-1914
- The Americas, 1825-1914
- World War I: The Origins and Consequences of a European Tragedy
- The Failure of the Liberal Model and the Rise of Authoritarianism
- World War II
- Forging New Nations in Asia, 1910-1950
- National Movements and the Drive for Independence in the Near East and Africa from the 1920s to 1950s
- The West Since 1945: Cold War and Confused Peace
- The Near East and Africa Since 1945
- Latin America Since 1910
- Asia and the South Pacific Since 1945
Volume I includes chapters 1-16; Volume II includes chapters 16-32.
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.